Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Sugar Confessions page 2

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I still go through a lot of sugar, but now it's mostly for the hummingbird nectar. In the summer the birds go through about 5-8# a month. For cooking, I'll still bake for my husband if he wants something like a cobbler or cookies. One batch of cookies takes him weeks to go through, so it isn't often.

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    I've not bought white sugar in a long time, but I still have a container of it in my pantry. I use it for:

Certain savory dishes that call for small amounts, notably my mom's delicious fajitas recipe
    Rare baking occasions where more primal sweeteners just aren't quite right
    And sometimes, just sometimes, I really need a childhood favorite- butter and sugar on a warmed tortilla. At least I use corn tortillas and real butter now.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I served the last of a bag of white sugar for coffee and tea at Christmas (hosting a huge brunch) but haven't bought any more since. Once a week or so I add a bit of raw honey to plain yogurt for a treat but I think I've lost my sweet tooth. I eat unsweetened baking chocolate as a treat now.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    My bag of sugar was one of the things I purged when I became primal. Had a lot of trash that day.

MorganGirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smartuko View Post
    My bag of sugar was one of the things I purged when I became primal. Had a lot of trash that day.
    Yep...this exactly. When I need something sweet ill bake something with honey. I don't even have white sugar in my house anymore.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I use sugar for my kombucha, eat it in berries and dark chocolate and fruit, etc. I even take the occasional raw honey plain or in my tea. Starch might not sit well with me, but I cannot villify sugar except by dosage. It is mostly harmless in small amounts, if not - and I don't mean to feed the trolls - potentially beneficial for some people.

Just because I love ketosis and run well on fat does not mean I don't get to enjoy sugar now and then. :P

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I use xylitol if I have to use something like sugar, which is rare.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    I haven't bought any sugar in over a year. My wife has honey in her coffee an tea so that is the only sweetner we have in the house. My source of sweets are fruit and 70% plus dark chocolate.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I keep a bag in the house and use it for baking. My buddy watches my dog a few times a week when I have work/class so I always take him a baked good of some kind. He also uses sugar in his coffee when he comes over.

When I bake for myself (rare) I use sugar or honey. I just can't get on board with the artificial sweeteners. They just don't taste right to me.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Nope haven't given up sugar. No point really.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast