Thread: Lemonade page

pogorzkl8 is offline Junior Member

Lemonade

Shop Now
    Anybody have a good primal recipe for making lemonade? The recipe I have calls for the use of 'simple syrup' (1c sugar dissolved in 1c hot water). But of course I'm thinking of adding honey or agave in place of said ingredient... just don't have the imagination for amounts.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Not sure how to make it, but Sweetleaf lemon stevia tastes just like lemonade. I put it in yogurt.
    34//6'3"/180

Lots of: urban hiking, cycling, sprinting
    Lots of: fresh meat, seafood, eggs, organs, tubers, starch fruits, vegetables, meat fat, dairy fat, oil fruits
    Some: cured meat, dairy protein, sweet fruits, rice, pulses, tree nuts, oil seeds
    Minimal: soy, refined proteins, sugar, liquid carbohydrate, grains, refined oils, peanuts

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Squeeze some lemons into a pitcher or a glass

Fish out the seeds with a spoon

Fill with ice and water

If that's too sour/tart for you, add whatever sweetener you're convinced is least likely to kill you (I'd personally like it unsweetened, second choice would be an actual sugar, third choice stevia)

Enjoy in sunny weather while wearing a ridiculous Hawaiian shirt

Quote Originally Posted by pogorzkl8 View Post
    anybody have a good primal recipe for making lemonade? The recipe i have calls for the use of 'simple syrup' (1c sugar dissolved in 1c hot water). But of course i'm thinking of adding honey or agave in place of said ingredient... Just don't have the imagination for amounts.
    don't use agave

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I prefer making lemonade following a 19th century recipe. Yes, it has sugar, but it's only 1/2 c for 6-7 cups, and it looks and tastes amazing.

Zest (peel outer yellow layer) 5-6 lemons (depending on size) and mix the zest with 1/2 c of sugar in a medium bowl (that can fit 5 c of water). Gently combine peels with sugar, and let stand for 20-30 min.

Pour 5 cups of boiling water over the peels and sugar. Let stand for 1 hour

Strain the lemon water into the pitcher, removing peels (glorious yellow color!) and juice all your lemons into it through a fine sieve to collect seeds.

Chill and serve.

I guess you can use coconut sugar...
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I like a teaspoon (per large glass) of local honey in mine, and a few strawberries.

Just want to add: Seriously don't use agave. Ever. Seriously.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Another, pretty simple paleo recipe is juice green grapes and lemons maybe with a touch of lime together. Just peel your lemons
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

pogorzkl8 is offline Junior Member
    Haha Rich Thanks for your forewarning on the agave topic. Just educated myself on the fact that it is NOT primal... bit of a learning curve with the primal thing and I have to say that I am learning. Thanks everybody else for the ideas. Picklepete.. i might try your idea.. sounds really good! Leida you had a couple good ones.. Still have that hankering.. maybe i'll try today!