Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: managed to make myself sick page

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member

managed to make myself sick

Primal Fuel
    so today i forgot about breakfast as me and the husband were messing about and stuff, I wasnt really hungry so i had a couple of apricots.
    was looking forward to dinner and cooked 8 streaky bacon, fried 2 eggs in bacon grease, some mushrooms and a carb treat- baked beans in reduced salt/sugar beans,
    A couple of mouthfuls of bacon and eggs no problem; a fork full of beans and within seconds I got a cold sweat and the shakes and had to throw up. My stomach felt like it was doing contortions.
    its passed now so I put the egg and bacon on a fresh plate and have eaten them fine,
    WTF is that about though.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    What exactly was in the beans?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Beans (51%), Tomatoes (36%), Water, Sugar, Cornflour, Modified Cornflour, Salt, Antioxidant - Ascorbic Acid, Spice Extracts, Herb Extract

i havent eaten any grains or processed carbs for 30+ days. I have no allergies or intolerances other than cheese
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 05-23-2013 at 10:57 AM.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    Cornflour
    Isn't that some kind of light blue crayon?

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    Spice Extracts
    Not sure about labeling laws on your side of the pond, but over here, innocuous-sounding ingredients like this (even "natural flavors") can mean all kind of nefarious things.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Not sure about labeling laws on your side of the pond, but over here, innocuous-sounding ingredients like this (even "natural flavors") can mean all kind of nefarious things.
    Sure, but probably not something that will make you vomit in seconds unless you have major adverse reactions to common food additives.

heinz baked beans are now off the shopping list

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I used to love lentils and beans (home cooked, not tinned) pre primal, now the thought of eating them makes me feel queasy - Stacy from Paleo Parents has also said that she didn't realise how much she couldn't digest them, until she stopped eating them. Yours is a common response!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by upupandaway View Post
    now the thought of eating them makes me feel queasy
    I think you just nailed it. The thought...psychological aversion.

How bizarre, I used to love them but haven't eaten them for a few months. My dinner looked really good too, I didn't feel queasy till they hit the stomach.
    god, I hope the same happens to bread, I could do with a psychological aversion to that

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Baking Ingredients
    Why:

When you pulverize a grain to make flour, you are creating an acellular carbohydrate. How this differs from a cellular carbohydrate is primarily its digestibility and the rate by which our bodies absorb its carbohydrate load. Whereas with a cellular carbohydrate, as found in fruits and tubers, we must break down the cellular walls to access the glucose, with an acellular carbohydrate that work has already been done. This sudden bolus of dense carbohydrate overwhelms our digestive tract, promoting an inflammatory gut flora and an impaired metabolism. That issue, plus all the other downsides that come along with grains (which I’ll be discussing later), make baking ingredients some of the first things you should be discarding. Besides, just what are you going to be baking?

Read more: How to Eliminate Unhealthy Foods | Mark's Daily Apple
    According to the web, cornflour in UK= corn starch.

Chili, baked beans, etc. these are things you want to make yourself to control the contents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast