Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Am I a fat burner?? page 2

  1. #11
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    This is completely wrong, the body use as a default free fatty acids and glucose, and when it runs out of glucose it also start to produce ketone bodies as a reserve fuel for the brain. Everybody are already perfectly fat adapted, what you can be adapted to is to handle the stress of less diatary glucose
    [Everybody is naturally fat adapted if they haven't damaged their metabolism by one means or another (obesity, diabetes, thyroid problems, excessive sugar consumption, insulin resistance, leptin resistance, etc.)

    Go crack open a Diet Coke and read Mark's article again. You will find that it and your position are not disagreeing.]


    Again, this is completely wrong, even the most insuline resistant metabolism does not "forget" to burn fat, and the myth of a "carb flu" is completly nonsense. What you can be adapted to, is psycologically and to a lesser degree physiologically; to handle the stress of less dietary glucose...
    [I didn't experience carb flu. Does that mean it doesn't exist? I have never seen a walrus either. Does that make them mythical creatures?]

  2. #12
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    3,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    [Everybody is naturally fat adapted if they haven't damaged their metabolism by one means or another (obesity, diabetes, thyroid problems, excessive sugar consumption, insulin resistance, leptin resistance, etc.)


    Certain people like to talk about the human metabolism like it is some kind of a machine that can be "damaged" or "broken" and need to be fixed which is inaccurate or plain wrong IMO. What do you think an obese insulin resitant person burn for energy then, since max 500 gram of stored glycogen will not take a long time to burn through? The fact is that they burn fat like everybody else for most of the time, execept right after the meal when the body gives priority to carbs, but even then it does not shut down fat burning completely. If ingesting alchohol the body gives priority to burn off alchohol and put carbs and fat on the waiting list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    [I didn't experience carb flu. Does that mean it doesn't exist? I have never seen a walrus either. Does that make them mythical creatures?]
    "Carb flu" is nothing else than the feeling of stress from not getting enough carbs for their needs. Its a bit like when your spouse leaves you, first you may feel miserable for a while, then you adapt to living without him/her. But "carb flu" has nothing to do with becoming a more "efficient" fat-burner, that's nonsense...

  3. #13
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Certain people like to talk about the human metabolism like it is some kind of a machine that can be "damaged" or "broken" and need to be fixed which is inaccurate or plain wrong IMO. What do you think an obese insulin resitant person burn for energy then, since max 500 gram of stored glycogen will not take a long time to burn through? The fact is that they burn fat like everybody else for most of the time, execept right after the meal when the body gives priority to carbs, but even then it does not shut down fat burning completely. If ingesting alchohol the body gives priority to burn off alchohol and put carbs and fat on the waiting list.
    This is why insulin resistant people need to eat every two to three hours or else get the hypoglycemic shakes. The fat is right there but their body doesn't know how to utilize it efficiently. Oxide once referred to it as like having a can of gasoline in the trunk of the car but it won't make the car go unless it gets into the tank. The car doesn't know the gas can is there when the signaling mechanisms of your metabolism are not functioning properly.

    "Carb flu" is nothing else than the feeling of stress from not getting enough carbs for their needs. Its a bit like when your spouse leaves you, first you may feel miserable for a while, then you adapt to living without him/her. But "carb flu" has nothing to do with becoming a more "efficient" fat-burner, that's nonsense...
    You're entitled to your opinion. That doesn't make it factual. Do some research. It's real.

  4. #14
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    3,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This is why insulin resistant people need to eat every two to three hours or else get the hypoglycemic shakes. The fat is right there but their body doesn't know how to utilize it efficiently. Oxide once referred to it as like having a can of gasoline in the trunk of the car but it won't make the car go unless it gets into the tank. The car doesn't know the gas can is there when the signaling mechanisms of your metabolism are not functioning properly.
    Hypoglycemica, shakes due to fall in bloodsugar for diabetic's does not mean that they are shut off from fat burning since they will still burn fatty acids from the blood along with glucose. Nobody complains when sleeping, when the human metabolism run steady state on fat...

  5. #15
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Hypoglycemica, shakes due to fall in bloodsugar for diabetic's does not mean that they are shut off from fat burning since they will still burn fatty acids from the blood along with glucose. Nobody complains when sleeping, when the human metabolism run steady state on fat...
    Hypoglycemia happens in non diabetic people too. Sure they do burn some fat, they just don't burn it efficiently or effectively.

    Just because you have an undamaged healthy metabolism does not give you reason to generalize your experience to everyone.
    Personal experience+personal opinion=/=facts about other peoples lives and bodies.

  6. #16
    CarbDodger's Avatar
    CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    782
    Gorbag, you sound a bit of an idiot sometimes - diabetics can die of nocturnal hypoglycaemia & diabetic ketoacidosis .There is no miracle switch that turns diabetes off at night or when its inconvenient .

  7. #17
    CarbDodger's Avatar
    CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    782
    jewelbug28 , lets try and connect later, it would be good to connect with another diabetic, I've been primal around 6 weeks in attempt to control my blood sugars and I am starting to see real benefits.

  8. #18
    Knifegill's Avatar
    Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,408
    I had to eat frequently throughout the night when I was a carb addict. And graze all day. I could not use the fat on my body, or else I wouldn't have gotten hungry all the time. And once I fixed that broken metabolism, all my fat got burned up. Coincidence? Not bloody likely.


    Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

    My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

  9. #19
    CarbDodger's Avatar
    CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    782
    That sounds like the pre-primal diabetic id become Knifegill. I had honestly forgotten what it felt like to be healthy and I'm not all the way there yet but I expect to feel even better as time goes on. I'm so grateful not to be burdened with the never ending munching that just made me feel like crap

  10. #20
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    3,169
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    Gorbag, you sound a bit of an idiot sometimes - diabetics can die of nocturnal hypoglycaemia & diabetic ketoacidosis .There is no miracle switch that turns diabetes off at night or when its inconvenient .
    Well, don't get me wrong here, diabetis and problems with sudden fall in blood sugar is one thing, and yes you can die of it, also at night. But something completely different is the paralell prosess of metabolising free fatty acids from the blood which happens all the time, also for diabetic's. Nobody are "shut off" from metabolising fatty acids, thats a myth or pseudo science, but peoples problems with sudden fluctuations in bloodsugar is due to other metabolic pathways...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •