Thread: hi from boston page

matk is offline Junior Member

hi from boston

Shop Now
    Hi everyone, Iím new to the forum from Boston, MA.
    I found out about MDA from my girlfriend, who sent me a link to the Primal Blueprint Fitness, and after reading a couple of articles I was hooked. Last year I tried the Whole30 diet with her but it just didnít click with me. Sheís been eating a more paleo-based diet, but again, it just didnít click; a lot of the websites she directed me too were too preachy and self-righteous for my taste. My first instinct was to roll my eyes and humor her by reading some of the stuff on MDA, but I have to admit that after doing some reading the Primal lifestyle FINALLY CLICKED! And Iím excited about it. Iíve always believed that humans have been losing their edge with modern technology and western culture, and Iíve always fantasized about going to a remote area and starting my own off-the-grid, self-sustaining commune, but I too fell victim to the ease and commodities of modern life. I never put two and two together: humans evolved to do and eat certain things, follow your genetics.
    The practical approach and common-sense philosophy are what got me. Thereís no point in spending hours at the gym working out to try to reverse the impacts of the standard American diet, or running several miles a day to stay in shape. Itís so simple itís easily overlooked: eat what your body needs, move enough to keep it in shape, do what your body was built for.
    Itís awesome.

Thanks everyone, Iím looking forward to reading the forum and becoming even more educated on Primal living.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matk View Post
    The practical approach and common-sense philosophy are what got me. There’s no point in spending hours at the gym working out to try to reverse the impacts of the standard American diet, or running several miles a day to stay in shape. It’s so simple it’s easily overlooked: eat what your body needs, move enough to keep it in shape, do what your body was built for.
    It’s awesome.

Thanks everyone, I’m looking forward to reading the forum and becoming even more educated on Primal living.
    Yup, I think the simplicity makes a lot of sense and I prefer the approach of working up from the human blueprint rather than trying to apply manufactured solutions to problems we've made for ourselves. Remove the problems works so much better.

I'm learning so much just from reading these forums, let alone all the various links and studies that are shared around. It's like the International College of the Primal. Welcome on board.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html