Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Quietly primal page 4

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yay for the sleep. And the good food, keep it up, Emma.

EmmaM is offline Member
    Thanks Annieh! Definitely yay for the sleep

Well, no grains or starch today! At last! Been a while since I had a carb-free day. I put it down to getting more sleep. Plus, the day was a bit warmer and less soul-sucking.
    B: Turkey and jalsberg.
    L: Ham, mustard, tomato and cheese melted together, and salad.
    D: leftover steak and salad.
    Snacks: an orange, nuts, square of dark chocolate.

Exercise: none yet.
    Sleep: a good night - had a good 4-5 hours before getting up to the baby, and then another 3-4. Woohoo!

EmmaM is offline Member
    Another day with no grains or potato. Go me, lol It was a close call, but I figured I'd done it the day before, and had done it for many days before getting a bit wayward, so I could do it again.
    Still no exercise though. Had vague plans to go for an afternoon walk but, just for something different, the weather turned to shite.

B: The last of my turkey, with jalsberg. Wasn't a lot left, so was hungry again pretty quickly.
    L: Early lunch of mince topped with avocado, tomato and cheese done under the grill, and eaten with sour cream.
    D: Was meant to be the mince thing but I ate my share for lunch, so had a couple of eggs with ham, cheese, tomato and salad. Dessert was sugar free ice cream I'd made that afternoon with me new ice cream attachment for my Kenwood mix master. Worked a treat - tasted just like normal ice cream!
    Snacks: A couple of oranges, square of dark chocolate, nuts. Went to a friends party late in the morning but thanks to my early lunch wasn't the slightest bit tempted by the biscuits and soft-looking sausage rolls.

Had another good night's sleep. Really hoping it continues!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    sounding good, glad sleeps improving for you
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

EmmaM is offline Member
    B: Eggs, ham and tomatoes. Cup of lemon and coconut oil tea.
    L: Steak and salad.
    D: More steak, and mixed veggies. The steak is from the latest lot I bought in Perth and god is it good!
    Snacks: nuts, oranges, banana smoothie, cheese and Promite.

Finally got some exercise in. Was a glorious morning so would have gone for a walk anyway, but toddler time/crèche was on at the rec centre and I was able to go, so go I went. Strolled on the treadmill for a bit, then did some push-ups (the cheat ones, where you're on your knees) and squats. Backed it up with a back/core workout when I returned to toddler time and my daughter wanted a go on the slides but of course she can't climb up and do it herself yet, so poor old mum gets to hoist her up and back several hundred times.
    One of the other mothers, whom I hadn't seen for months, said I'd lost weight. No wonder - hoisting a 10kg baby around a play centre is hard work!
    Was quite hungry after exercising, even though it was very mild, so snacked a bit more than usual.
    Sleep still quite good. Yay!

EmmaM is offline Member
    Whoops, have missed a few days. At a guess I'd day I've been eating about 80% primarily. Lots of meat and veg, including avocado and coconut oil.
    In the 20% non-primal over the four days were a banana smoothie, peanut butter, vegemite (an Aussie girl is allowed that in her 20%, surely!) and a couple of frozen crumbed chicken Kiev. Also had lasagna and chips (plus salad) for dinner Thursday night after hubby got home from work and suggested we have dinner at the new cafe. It was technically his 'Friday' and I'm not going pass up anything that gets me out of cooking and washing up for a night, so out we went. Was delicious and really filling - between it and DH being on days off and watching the baby the next morning I was able to enjoy a massive sleep-in without getting hungry, and didn't have breakfast til after 10am.
    Been an ok amount of exercise - not a lot Tuesday other than traipsing around town; Wednesday went for a walk and did a good 40 min or so of vacuuming. Thursday was very pleased to be able to go to the gym and do sprints on the bike and have a stroll on the treadmill and, of course, given it was toddler time, hoist the baby up and down the play centre several dozen times.

Sleep is still going well. Having much easier nights with my DD and the exercise is helping ensure I sleep soundly when I do get to bed. Once I've warmed up that is - had to get my heat machine of a husband to bring me in a hot water bottle one morning once he was up and no longer pumping out the warmth

Some jeans that had been a bit snug are now looser and more comfortable. Though at 10 weeks into this pregnancy some clothes are getting a bit firm around the tummy, which is a bit new since it took me months to properly show last time. On the up side, I've been feeling miles better this time around and had no nausea or nasty preggo symptoms

EmmaM is offline Member
    Bit knackered today after a big day of firewood collecting yesterday and then going in to town to have dinner with my mothers group friends. But I can have a cruisey one today; even planning a nap when the baby goes down for hers.
    Firewood collecting seems to be quite a primal endeavour, except for the part where we use a 4WD and chain saw. But it was good exercise, spending a couple of hours walking to and fro, bending, lifting, carrying and throwing. It was a glorious sunny day and we loved soaking up some winter sun.
    This pregnancy isn't wiping me out like the last one did in its early stages (I think the fact I'm not getting up at 5am to go to work for 10-12 hours a day is a big help) but busy days followed by late nights still takes a toll.
    Dinner was great though; had a blast. And the food - Indian and not exactly primal, apart from the meat - was divine. And quite cheap! We got a mix of dishes, as well as rice and naan bread, and I devoured a heap of it. Definitely worth being non-primal for one fun night.

The rest of the day had been more primal:
    B: yoghurt, banana and nuts.
    L: BBQ lamb chops and tomato, with cheese and celery.
    Snacks: a couple of oranges (I did go over my fruit limit, whoops), and four rice crackers with cheese and vegemite.

EmmaM is offline Member
    Been a while since my last post, clearly. Haven't felt very communicative lately. Firstly received some bad news concerning the pregnancy, and was on tenterhooks for a week, at the end of which I miscarried. This was followed by heaving bleeding, resulting in a trip to the operating theatre, a blood transfusion and a night in hospital.
    Am doing well physically now, and am OK emotionally. We'll try again later in the year. I know statistically there's a strong chance I'll experience another miscarriage at some point - they are so common - but I breezed through my first pregnancy so am also confident I can have another healthy, successful one.
    But obviously it all threw a nasty spanner in the works and we had an emotional few days. My husband fed us comfort food - croissants, pancakes, chocolates - and the hospital breakfast was toast with margarine and Vegemite and I just went with it for those days. I also had a few small drinks of wine and home-made cider. But for the past couple of days I've been about 95% primal.
    I'm ready to embrace primal living again (well, go 85/15 or thereabouts) and get my body as healthy as possible for when we try again.
    My posting may still be a bit intermittent for a while as my daughter and I are about to go on a holiday I've had booked for months - firstly back to Cairns to have a week with a friend (we used to live there) and escape winter briefly, and then a couple of weeks in central NSW with my parents. Can't wait - especially to feel the warmth of the tropics again!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    oh Emma, i am so sorry to hear this, make sure you look after yourself,physically and mentally. sometimes these things happen and aren't your fault. i hope your holiday is of great benefit to you
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

EmmaM is offline Member
    Thanks CarbDodger. Yes, it was just one of those things. We're doing well. My holiday should be lovely

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast