Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digestion still not right page

danhaych is offline Member

Digestion still not right

Shop Now
    Any thoughts? Been primal since beginning March.

Issues are gurgling noises and feeling throughout GIT, bowel movements not always formed, disintegrate in water, smelly, sticky. Was experiencing diarrhoea like every couple of days but that seemed to have stopped since I stopped vegy juices, but BM is still presenting with the above issues.

Positive changes have been no more bloating/pregnant look from trying to squeeze 3000 calories into my skinny body, fatty stools stopped after about a month, morning abdominal cramps stopped. I like that I can take in roughly the same amount of calories without taking up as much stomach room. Head fatigue seems to have stopped.

Have been on digestive enzymes and probiotics the last week but no change, slight morning cramps have returned a few times but not as bad as grain period.

Im not coeliac, I do find FODMAP foods cause abdominal distension so I don't eat them, have had IBS diagnosis but I wouldn't really bank on that...

diet.jpg
    "Meat" meals are 300g, "egg" meals are 4 eggs, fat content is maybe about 50g per meal give or take, lunch & dinner veg intake is about 1 1/2 to 2 cups each. Trying to gain muscle also, and lose small amount of fat around neck and mid area but am still skinny at 68kg 175cm. I cook with macadamia nut oil, eat/drink/ladel? olive oil, coconut oil seems to purge
    Last edited by danhaych; 05-23-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Are you getting your probiotics through supplements or via fermented foods?

Also, it takes time for probiotics to populate your gut, so you may simply need to wait a bit longer.

Which digestive enzymes are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Are you getting your probiotics through supplements or via fermented foods?

Also, it takes time for probiotics to populate your gut, so you may simply need to wait a bit longer.

Which digestive enzymes are you on?
    Orthoplex Multiflora and Eagle Digestaid

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhaych View Post
    You might simply not be fully digesting your supplements. I'd try to include more fermented foods so that you are getting your probiotics from whole food sources which are usually handled better by the body anyhow.

Also, it takes time to heal, so don't be dismayed if it takes a while before you start noticing the results you are going for. You mentioned that you've only been on the enzymes and probiotics for one week. Healing years worth of damage from a bad diet won't happen overnight.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Try to find a product called inner-eco. Amazing probiotics.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Please provide a typical days foods and their macros. Perhaps I can help, I think my problems were worse than yours. Here's my results. I took probiotics before every meal, in capsule form.

The diseases for which I came to PB, looking for a cure:

1. The tendency or desire to vomit while or after eating was gone in 2 days. (GERD)
    2. The heavy gastric production of mucus which caused drooling in sleep was gone in 1 week
    3. The IBS gas and water bloating was 90% gone in 2 weeks. (IBS)
    4. At 3 weeks I began taking Milk of Magnesia every other day instead of every day.
    5. At 4 weeks the ability to control urine outflow returned (I'd been afraid I'd have to wear diapers.)
    6. After 5 weeks my completely dead bowel began working again. Peristalsis returned.
    7. At 6 weeks I began taking Vits. D3 and C (mainly to prevent hair loss) and Magnesium Citrate (800 mg) to soften my stools.
    8. At 7 weeks I bought Mark's Damage Control Package (vitamins and minerals). I'd already been taking prebiotics and probiotics, etc.
    8. At 8 weeks my ‘bleeder’ condition ceased. All the permanent indigo bruises on my arms started going away, and I no longer bled continuously when my skin was torn or pierced.

At 2.5 months my stools are softer now but I’m still constipated. But some IBS remains at the best of days, and on the worst, after 2-3 days of no Milk of Magnesia (MOM) is really bad and painful. Also the process of moving water from my stomach to my bladder is very slow, about 8 hours. So although I was trying to extend the time inbetween MOM, as soon as I was constipated (any straining at all needed), I'd take MOM that evening.

At 3 months I started reading Fiber Menace and added Potassium. At 4 months I was down to MOM every 4-5 days and had finished reading Fiber Menace. That is a fantastic book that everyone here should read. During this month I was experiementing with how much Potassium I needed, cutting capsules or tablets in half. At 4.25 months I declared complete success. No more MOM needed. (Also I've become one of those nuts who examine their stools daily to see how things are going. Sure never thought I'd do that.)
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Paleobird Guest
    You have been Primal for two whole months.

Lots of positive changes but things aren't perfect yet.

Hmmm.

Hint: It took more than two months to get your digestive system screwed up. It might take more than two months to fix it.

Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post
    Try to find a product called inner-eco. Amazing probiotics.
    Cant get it in Australia. The one I bought I chose because it had L. plantarum which apparently has great results with IBS symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Please provide a typical days foods and their macros. Perhaps I can help, I think my problems were worse than yours. Here's my results. I took probiotics before every meal, in capsule form.
    Please see original post for these details, can't adjust picture size but details are under picture...

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You have been Primal for two whole months.

Lots of positive changes but things aren't perfect yet.

Hmmm.

Hint: It took more than two months to get your digestive system screwed up. It might take more than two months to fix it.

Relax.
    Im naturally impatient. When things started to improve after the first month, but now the last few weeks getting worse, plus diarrhoea again thismorning (thought it was veg juices but havn't had them lately), naturally I think the worst. Plus, at the risk of having spears thrown at me, I'm not 100% convinced this type of diet is healthy.... HOWEVER im keeping an extremely open mind simply cos I love being able to take in the same amount of calories without using the same amount of room that grains did. Reason Im not convinced is for some reason nutritionists/dietitions/naturopaths don't like this kind of diet, not sure why yet, havn't had time to research their reasons. Everyone seems to be very defensive in regards to their dietary beliefs, just like religion... The gurgling and bloating that has returned the last week is so uncomfortable. I wonder if diarrhoea can ever be healthy? Perhaps the bodies natural way of purging every now and then, the way we use draino every now and then to clean the kitchen & bathroom plumbing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast