Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Young female, cutting hard page

Young female, cutting hard

Primal Fuel
    24 years old, female, 5'9, 135 lbs. I'm already lean, but looking to get extremely cut over the next few weeks (or months) for a fitness photo shoot.

Here's what I'm eating. Open to any suggestions/critiques.
    - One serving egg white protein (Jay Robb brand. 120 calories, almost all of it protein, no sugar.)
    - 1/4 cup macadamia butter OR 50g baking chocolate
    - 1 lb ground meat (either grass fed beef, or turkey/chicken with added fat in the form of butter/ghee/olive oil)
    - 1 avocado
    - pile of kale, cabbage, or some other green.

Activity: lots of walking, lifting twice a week, sprinting twice a week.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'd drop the nut butter, and cut the protein a little, since your goal is semi-starvation. Otherwise, looks good. Almost steak and eggs. :P

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'd drop the nut butter, and cut the protein a little, since your goal is semi-starvation. Otherwise, looks good. Almost steak and eggs. :P
    I was just going to suggest the good ole steak and eggs!

And I can't believe none if you guys has suggested photos may help you give better advice ;-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

jujeki is offline Member
    Close to the photoshoot, would you do some kind of MMA-esque weight cut (water, etc.)? Just wondering

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jujeki View Post
    Close to the photoshoot, would you do some kind of MMA-esque weight cut (water, etc.)? Just wondering
    There's some info http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ad.php?t=76139here about that kinda thing, both how to do it and how you're going to feel and be able to function during.

From other forum members who know of this guy it sounds like he'd already done a cut to get to his starting weight, but the description of how he cut during the experiment sounds legit.

However, do you want to turn up for your shoot feeling exhausted and deplete
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Just curious -- why cut the nut butter if you think I should raise fat and reduce protein? The macadamia butter is pure fat essentially.

I'm curious what the ideal macro ratio would be for leanness... I know the goal of primal eating is robust strength rather than skinny-ness, but I'm really shooting for simple leanness rather than strength.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgotMyOldUsername View Post
    Just curious -- why cut the nut butter if you think I should raise fat and reduce protein? The macadamia butter is pure fat essentially.

I'm curious what the ideal macro ratio would be for leanness... I know the goal of primal eating is robust strength rather than skinny-ness, but I'm really shooting for simple leanness rather than strength.
    My macros are around 65/20/15 F/P/C and I am getting pretty lean without much effort.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I'm just chipping in to say that I am surprised that nobody has mentioned IFing as a useful tool for cutting by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I'm just chipping in to say that I am surprised that nobody has mentioned IFing as a useful tool for cutting by now.
    Thanks for the input -- I'm a huge fan of IFing already actually! It's great to not have to think about food at all for half of the day.

So can I assume that the baking chocolate can stay, and the mac nut butter should go?

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    have you looked in to the methodology that is already in place for this sort of thing? I mean, those methods are already tried and true. you could just fine tune them with paleo food substitutions. I wouldn't try to re-invent the wheel at this point in time.

and please, this thread is useless without pics.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast