Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Young female, cutting hard page 2

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    have you looked in to the methodology that is already in place for this sort of thing? I mean, those methods are already tried and true. you could just fine tune them with paleo food substitutions. I wouldn't try to re-invent the wheel at this point in time.

and please, this thread is useless without pics.
    Haha I'll take some pics and post soon. and what methods are you referring to? Leangains? Calorie counting?

Quote Originally Posted by ForgotMyOldUsername View Post
    Haha I'll take some pics and post soon. and what methods are you referring to? Leangains? Calorie counting?
    i was just thinking of the old-fashioned way of calorie counting, timing of meals and macro ratios during certain meals, and lots of cardio. it isn't the healthiest thing for your body, but on the short term it really works. also learning how to manipulate your water percentage with sodium and carbohydrates is crucial right before a shoot. for someone like you who is tall and fairly lean (based on your stats), the very last few vanity lbs are the toughest to get rid of. bodybuilders, fitness models, bikini competitors all tend to utilize these methods to get that "picture perfect" look. you could do some more research in to that sort of stuff on some bodybuilding forums, etc. you might be able to get on a specific schedule of what to do 8 weeks out, 7 weeks out, 6 weeks out, etc... from people who've done it a million times before.

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Before primal, I used to lurk on bodybuilding forums to pick up snippets of nutritional info... most of them definitely don't do high-fat. It's all egg whites, canned tuna, oatmeal, and cottage cheese. Ever after many happy months of being paleo, I've never been able to reconcile how those bodybuilding types get lean while favoring carbs over fats, which is practically blasphemous in the paleo community. Makes me wonder whether CICO really IS king...

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    Before primal, I used to lurk on bodybuilding forums to pick up snippets of nutritional info... most of them definitely don't do high-fat. It's all egg whites, canned tuna, oatmeal, and cottage cheese.

Wow. Must've been a quite a while, then... no way you'd be catching that crap on BB forums nowadays.

IIFYM

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Before primal, I used to lurk on bodybuilding forums to pick up snippets of nutritional info... most of them definitely don't do high-fat. It's all egg whites, canned tuna, oatmeal, and cottage cheese. Ever after many happy months of being paleo, I've never been able to reconcile how those bodybuilding types get lean while favoring carbs over fats, which is practically blasphemous in the paleo community. Makes me wonder whether CICO really IS king...
    It has to do with extreme motivation. Any diet you can stick to will lose you the weight, as long as you are in deficit and your metabolism is not broken.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Out of curiosity I googled this after your post and found this.

Seems as though she starts this 8 weeks out. 8 weeks of eating the same thing each day. She mentioned she got to 4.5% BF on it though, so if that is your goal - its only 8 weeks I guess... :/

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    High fat is great because it curbs cravings for sweet foods and blunts appetite quite a bit. This is extremely useful those trying to IF, count calories, and lean out. Any diet that produces a deficit of calories will lead to weightloss however. Key word being "weightloss" though, not necessarily "fat loss."

Of course, because most of them are lifting five to six times a week, they will naturally convert more of it to muscle than the majority of folks simply doing the heavy cardio, low fat, high carb routine with no lifting. The lifting alone will account for a fair amount of their tendency to be leaner than the rest of folks.

The constantly high levels of carbs may not be good for longer-term health (debate still rages on that one though), and may not be sustainable in the long term, but in the short term at least, they can produce the results they are trying to achieve. If you're thinking in the short-term mindset over the longer-term "healthy living for a long life" however, you may be suffering later on down the road, even if you're thriving now.

Oh, and old-school lifters from the '50s used to rock the high fat thing. They'd bulk on things like heavy cream and raw eggs or even just plain ol' whole milk. These days carbs are more used for bulking and producing caloric excess because people fear the fat now more than ever before.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Out of curiosity I googled this after your post and found this.

Seems as though she starts this 8 weeks out. 8 weeks of eating the same thing each day. She mentioned she got to 4.5% BF on it though, so if that is your goal - its only 8 weeks I guess... :/
    I have a friend who does comps... and of course some of the ladies set similar extreme goals (she isn't in that group) I have seen some of them struggling not to collapse during comps. This level of cutting is seriously HARSH and not to be taken lightly, especially for women.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Starting 2 to 3 days before your photo shoot, go low fat and 0 carbs. Tuna and water only. Not healthy but if want to have that real cut look this will do it.
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-25-2013 at 12:08 PM.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I have a friend who does comps... and of course some of the ladies set similar extreme goals (she isn't in that group) I have seen some of them struggling not to collapse during comps. This level of cutting is seriously HARSH and not to be taken lightly, especially for women.
    She mentioned in an interview about this programming that she usually works out without a coach, but in the weeks leading up to competition she needs a coach there since she is too weak/unmotivated to train on her own anymore...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast