Thread: Bear (ahem...) Poop Cookies page

fitartist is offline Member

Thumbs up Bear (ahem...) Poop Cookies

It's true. You are what you eat.
    http://fitchickskitchen.wordpress.com

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    This link works better.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    hmm looks like the grandkids are getting bear poop this weekend! Thats some awesome crap!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I love no-bake cookies. My mom used to make these, but she used white sugar, orange juice, and oatmeal. Last time I tried making them, I used 1/3 cup of honey and they were waaayyyy too sweet. The almond butter really amplifies the sweetness. I also don't recall needing to add any liquid whatsoever. It depends on what ingredients you use.

You're also supposed to boil the mixture for ONE MINUTE and then immediately drop them on the parchment paper to cool. This might work better with white sugar, but it helps the cookies harden afterwards.

It's important to note that the consistency depends on the temperature of all ingredients and humidity. Sometimes, these will dry up nicely. Sometimes, they dry up too much and get crumbly. Other times, they remain quite soft and mushy and will not hold shape. Still delicious!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I love no-bake cookies. My mom used to make these, but she used white sugar, orange juice, and oatmeal. Last time I tried making them, I used 1/3 cup of honey and they were waaayyyy too sweet. The almond butter really amplifies the sweetness. I also don't recall needing to add any liquid whatsoever. It depends on what ingredients you use.

You're also supposed to boil the mixture for ONE MINUTE and then immediately drop them on the parchment paper to cool. This might work better with white sugar, but it helps the cookies harden afterwards.

It's important to note that the consistency depends on the temperature of all ingredients and humidity. Sometimes, these will dry up nicely. Sometimes, they dry up too much and get crumbly. Other times, they remain quite soft and mushy and will not hold shape. Still delicious!
    maybe why they call them bear poop..... just guessin... still cute though

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    my mom makes something like this, only hers look like bear diarrhea cookies
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

NATLES is offline Member
    I know this post is old but I would like to try these cookies but my hubby hates sugar substitutes. Anyone have a better substitute? I want to stay as primal as possible!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    1/4-1/3 cup honey should work just fine.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made these today using coconut milk in place of the cream and almond milk (1/2 cup coconut milk), 1/4 cup raw honey in place of the sweetener and walnuts instead of pecans (only because I didn't have any pecans).

The result: DANGEROUSLY DELICIOUS!!

Thanks for the recipe!