Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daily IF or one weekly 24hr fast? page 3

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pklopp View Post
    Quite coincidentally, I have just posted my justification for eating one meal per day, rather than utilizing an eating window.

As I see it, there is fairly credible support for eating one meal a day, rather than multiple meals, even in the case where the meals are isocaloric over the course of the day ( i.e. you eat the same number of calories, irrespective of meal counts ).

-PK
    That's pretty much where I am at these days. One meal, eaten over maybe the course of three or four hours and a twenty or so hour fast. I came to pretty much the EXACT same conclusions that you did, albeit through a much less scientific route.

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    I've been eating from noon to 8pm for about 5 months now. I really like it. I get more done in the morning and have great mental focus and very level energy levels (I was fat adapted before I started this but I think IF enhanced this). I have successfully used it as part of my strategy to get very lean without unpleasant hunger while maintaing/improving muscle mass.

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalWolf View Post
    Sounds amazing. Would love to not have to faff about making breakfast and lunch every day.

Do you find you can maintain body composition eating this way?
    I've Gotten into the best shape of my life on IF and lean gains method.

Wouldn't change a thing.

...and by the way I love those 1000+ calorie feasts! Feel like a king at the queens table.
    Last edited by fkjr2; 05-30-2013 at 02:14 PM.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I find the daily IF better to manage. It's more a routine than an "oh, it's Thursday, sorry I can't eat today." I loosely follow it (I'll have coffee and a square of dark chocolate in the morning), but I won't say no to the occasional eggs and bacon being cooked up in the morning (I have such a nice boyfriend).
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123