Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australians!!! Need your help! page

MouthDR is offline Senior Member

Australians!!! Need your help!

Primal Fuel
    I'm going to be moving to Australia from Canada and just wanted some help and input on where you guys purchase all your paleo/primal items. Specifically items like coconut cream, coconut butter, grass fed meats, pastured eggs, etc. I don't know how the whole scene is there, but in Canada, items like coconut oil/butter are common and found on standard grocery store shelves. But items like grass fed or pastured meats are more difficult to find.

Anyway, hope you guys can help so that I can prepare for my arrival. Even links to some online health retailers would be appreciated.

Thank yoU!!!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Coconut cream from supermarket - Ayam brand

Grass fed meat isnt a big issue - all lamb is grass fed, most beef is only fed grain on way to slaughter. Aldi has labellef grass-fed beef

Dairy all grass fed except in drought. Some feed given in dairy when milking but they are otherwise pastured

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Kangaroo meat is probably the best option as it will be grass-fed, pastured, hormone free etc. Macro Meats brand, Woolworths, Coles and IGA sell it.

Eggs - go for "free range"

There are always Health Food stores in big shopping malls as well, for coconut stuff.

GregB is offline Junior Member
    Australia is a big place. Where are you moving to and we might be able to be more specific.

Greg

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    I don't bother trying to work out if meat is grass fed or not. Restaurants and supermarkets label and charge more for the stuff that is "grain fed". Of course, depending on where the stock lived, it may well be saltbush fed or acacia fed or whatever it can scrounge rather than that monoculture green grass you see in kiddies books. So hence farmers can't claim it is actually fed grass.

Eggs you might have to look for, but check out the local farmers market or organic store, depending on where you live.

Coconut oil you can pick up in either major supermarket, but coconut sugar or coconut aminos etc I grab at the local health food shop. When you get settled just check out the local store and if they don't have what you want, just ask and they will probably order it in.

Brand names will be different. Just ask when you get stuck.

Where you moving to? And when?

Thanks for your help everyone. I'll be moving to Wollongong, NSW for maybe the first year or so, but have been offered a position in Sydney, so I will be moving to the Sydney CBD in the near future.

And the when? Late this summer

Paleobird Guest
    All that grass fed meat plus kangaroos and the most handsome men in the world. Sigh. I think I need to move to Australia too.

fortuitousbounce is offline Junior Member
    Most handsome men in the world??? Really? Is that what the world thinks?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

666 is offline Junior Member
    This thread has potential. Never tried Kangaroo meat but it looks like a very good option.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    All that grass fed meat plus kangaroos and the most handsome men in the world. Sigh. I think I need to move to Australia too.
    Hahaha! I hope to add one more handsome face to that mix

Quote Originally Posted by 666 View Post
    This thread has potential. Never tried Kangaroo meat but it looks like a very good option.
    Agreed. I'm looking forward to being able to buy grass-fed off the shelves (which will be a major shock), and kangaroo meat. I've heard a nice rare roo steak is heaven!!! I'll let you guys and gals know how it goes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast