Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reasonable Carbs Daily Challenge page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi, thank you. I have used that and also have a list on my walls that shows fructose grams in fruit, and try to only use the ones under 6-7 g, but still have break-outs even with blackberries. Trouble is I also cut fruit plates for my folks, and they can have melons and mangoes etc, and it's hard not to grab a bite. I am getting better though (somewhat!). Not as bad as honey (1 tbsp means horrid skin inflammation next morning). Sometimes I react to sweet potatoes (yeah, I know). Some fructose malabsorbtion or another, I guess.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    That's a real bitch, I really sympathise

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    This sounds like an interesting game, but I am so tired of games, I just want to find a steady good enough thing and stick to it. In the past, I had bad consequences from VLC, IF and macro split diets, so I think I am a typical woman in that regard - I need consistency & I don't want to do anything stressful or anything rolla-costa'ish. Yep, high risk yields high rewards, but at this stage of my life, having had tried everything under the sun in the past 4 years, I am aiming for slow and steady. Losing 1 lb in a year is good enough; heck even not gaining will be good enough. Not regaining is all I want, no increase in weight the following week every time I managed to tease off a pound or two! I do want to experiment with a low cal day or two thrown in via broth/juicing, but we'll see. If at 6 pm I will feel like life is not worth living without solid foods....
    hey Leida, what I was suggesting is far from a game, I made it sound like a game because you seem to talk of your diet being a game, so I was trying to talk a language that you would understand, sorry. Grok was not playing a game when his body adapted to and became used to eating a certain way over many thousands of years. Emulating how grok ate is the underlying factor to my post above. Because we have refrigerators and shopping centers close by, eating like grok did doesn't come natural, you have to engage your conscious mind a little to override the pitfalls/advantages of modern life. The majority of posts in the primal blueprint nutrition section though, focus waaaaaayyyyyy to much on engaging your conscious brain to override your bodies systems.

As far as being a roller coaster, stressful and an inconsistent strategy the "game" i proposed is far from, you eat without thinking (eat normal) for half the time, If your hungry grab some primal fare from the fridge. Wow what a revelation, throw out the calorie counters, the trawling of websites looking for the next "diet hack", comparing your self to others, throw it all away.

The other half of the time there is usually a great opportunity to incorporate one or more of the little challenges into your week with ease. I'll give an example: A couple of times a week I spend the whole day out of home, in the morning before I leave, I take 30 seconds to have a little think about what im gunna eat in the day. I grab a bit of fruit then BAMMMM i've knocked a high carb day and a low calorie day off the list in one fell swoop. Do this a few more times in the week and you've probably taken 2-3 minutes of conscious brain time organising your diet during the week. I can't think of a less "stressful" way of eating, beats all those diet calcs and macro tracking and cal tracking and diet adjusting that I see so prevalent on MDA.

When you eat like grok did, you will look like grok did. Your probably half way there, Eating WHAT (the primal blueprint food list) grok ate is only half the story. Throw out all the CW diet strategies, games, hacks and stress and start eating HOW grok did, you won't regret it. Check out my success story post if your interested in more, it's in my sig.
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Yeah, that's what I thought I would do, and as a result I gained 10 lbs mostly of of abdominal and thigh fat. Unfortunately, eating the way I like to from even the Whole 30 food list is not working for me, and in addition, I live on a tight schedule to manage my work, family and have time for myself as well, so the same foods every day work the best for me.I am sorry, I have been through a lot of experimenting in 4 years, and calorie counting based on relatively short list of simple foods is actually the simplest.

Did my best to estimate the intakes based on vegetable juices from Nutridata base, and I came up with the following count. Still on the high side. Tomorrow I will need to have a protein day

22 May 2013: Planned: 83 g Total, 30 g fiber Actual: 83/24
    23 May 2013: Approximate: 90/22

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    hey Leida, what I was suggesting is far from a game, I made it sound like a game because you seem to talk of your diet being a game, so I was trying to talk a language that you would understand, sorry. Grok was not playing a game when his body adapted to and became used to eating a certain way over many thousands of years. Emulating how grok ate is the underlying factor to my post above. Because we have refrigerators and shopping centers close by, eating like grok did doesn't come natural, you have to engage your conscious mind a little to override the pitfalls/advantages of modern life. The majority of posts in the primal blueprint nutrition section though, focus waaaaaayyyyyy to much on engaging your conscious brain to override your bodies systems.

As far as being a roller coaster, stressful and an inconsistent strategy the "game" i proposed is far from, you eat without thinking (eat normal) for half the time, If your hungry grab some primal fare from the fridge. Wow what a revelation, throw out the calorie counters, the trawling of websites looking for the next "diet hack", comparing your self to others, throw it all away.

The other half of the time there is usually a great opportunity to incorporate one or more of the little challenges into your week with ease. I'll give an example: A couple of times a week I spend the whole day out of home, in the morning before I leave, I take 30 seconds to have a little think about what im gunna eat in the day. I grab a bit of fruit then BAMMMM i've knocked a high carb day and a low calorie day off the list in one fell swoop. Do this a few more times in the week and you've probably taken 2-3 minutes of conscious brain time organising your diet during the week. I can't think of a less "stressful" way of eating, beats all those diet calcs and macro tracking and cal tracking and diet adjusting that I see so prevalent on MDA.

When you eat like grok did, you will look like grok did. Your probably half way there, Eating WHAT (the primal blueprint food list) grok ate is only half the story. Throw out all the CW diet strategies, games, hacks and stress and start eating HOW grok did, you won't regret it. Check out my success story post if your interested in more, it's in my sig.
    There are times when stressing your body to cope is a good thing and there are times when maybe its not a good thing. Our bodies are really amazing at adapting to changes but those adaptations don't necessarily come without cost. If you look at the healthiest, longest living people on the earth, you will not find a diet that is constantly changing. Just the opposite.
    Last edited by Black Timber; 05-24-2013 at 07:35 AM.
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

I love what you've said. I guess that's what I want the most: stability, calm and contentment.

24 May 2013: Approximate: 100/12
    25-26 May: Weekend, not counted, weight: 132.3 (no change)
    May 26 2013 Planned: Approximate: 70/12

Oh-oh, flying by the sit of my pants today, because I really wanted to take my folks leftover supper with me for lunch which was roasted veggies including sweet potato and rutabaga (YUM!) and have liver for supper. So, the evil fruit is only one small apple and my 6 oz of blackberries, keeping fingers crossed I don't get derailed by my folks fruit-plate tonight!!!

24 May 2013: Approximate: 100/12
    25-26 May: Weekend, not counted, weight: 132.3 (no change)
    May 27 2013: Approximate: 85/17
    May 28 2013: Planned 95/23

diene is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hey Leida, I'm going to join you on this because my carb consumption has gotten out of control lately. I have no idea how many grams I've been consuming though (haven't been counting). But last Friday, for example, I think I had like 5 bananas plus a big fruit salad and some rice cakes. Uh, yeah. I'm actually aiming for 100-150 g per day, but what's more important to me is the source of the carbs rather than the exact number of grams. I think if I restricted certain high-carb foods, it would be hard for me to overeat carbs. So I'm restricting my fruit consumption to 1-2 pieces of fruit a day. I'm also going to stop eating rice cakes. (It's a horrible habit that I picked up a couple of weeks ago.) Most of my carbs should come from tubers. Since I already overate carbs today, I'm going to start tomorrow. Well, actually Thursday because tomorrow is a down day for me so I won't be consuming much carbs anyway.

Oh yeah, and no ice cream. NO. FREAKING. ICE. CREAM!!!! (Or frozen yogurt or gelato!!!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast