Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello From PDX OREGON page

souter26 is offline Junior Member

Hello From PDX OREGON

Primal Fuel
    Your location: Portland Oregon

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 100% primal for 227 days, then finally cheated, now back on at 100% again.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope, just plain old water and a glass of whole milk a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted an easy plan, that didn't involve a lot of exercise and calories counting. Also, weightloss, over 80 pounds down. And I wanted to find a plan that I could live off of, unlike fad diet plans.

Favorite exercise: Paintball

Favorite Primal food: Flank Steak with a homemade rub

Best part about being Primal: 80lbs in 227 days, You don't have to exercise a lot to lose weight. And I can eat all the meat I want and I don't have to count calories.

Worst part about being Primal: The rest of the family is not-primal so eating together can be difficult.
    (my weightloss blog)

Started my Journey Sept 1, 2009
    Stats: 5'11", 365 lbs, 27 Years Young
    Total weight lost: 80 lbs
    Current weight: 285
    Goal 12/31/10: 200

Restarted my journey June 1, 2014
    Stats: 5'11", 350 lbs, 31 Years Young
    Total weight lost: 0 lbs
    Current weight: 350
    Goal 12/31/14: 300

PeppermintKatie is offline Junior Member

I am from OR Too!

Just wanted to say Hi!

I am in the Portland Metro area (hillsboro) and new to the Primal diet. I am excited to hear others from my local area...

- PeppermintKatie

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    me too! live in no po work downtown, primal 1 week. nice to meet you!

So how are you guys doing on the plan. I know the first few weeks can be tuff, but if you can stick with the rewards are amazing.
    (my weightloss blog)

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    Hello and welcome, I live in Gresham and work in Portland!
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

hi all. I'm doing so-so on the plan. On the plus side, I've been pretty close to 100g/day of carbs when I track it. (I don't want to go down too much too fast.) Also finding it easier to stay under 2k calories/day, which has been really hard for me while following CW. I've had some really wonderful meals, learned to make awesome bone stock, increased veggies and eggs.
    On the more-challenging side I still get hungry a lot, and haven't quite got quick foods worked out for breakfast & snacks. I haven't gotten into strength training consistently, and I can't bring myself to throw away couscous and pasta at home, though I manage not to buy more even when hubby asks for it. Plenty of things to work on but I'm just starting, right?

sdstone00 is offline Junior Member
    Kudos to you for being 100% Primal for so long. I've been about 70-80% for about 6 months and have lost about 40 pounds. I try and keep my total carbs around 50-75. The hardest part for me is the lack of support from the family. If I make Primal things, that family will eat them but I am often asked to make things that are not so primal. This is hard.

Steve
    Beaverton

Quote Originally Posted by elwyne View Post
    hi all. I'm doing so-so on the plan. On the plus side, I've been pretty close to 100g/day of carbs when I track it. (I don't want to go down too much too fast.) Also finding it easier to stay under 2k calories/day, which has been really hard for me while following CW. I've had some really wonderful meals, learned to make awesome bone stock, increased veggies and eggs.
    On the more-challenging side I still get hungry a lot, and haven't quite got quick foods worked out for breakfast & snacks. I haven't gotten into strength training consistently, and I can't bring myself to throw away couscous and pasta at home, though I manage not to buy more even when hubby asks for it. Plenty of things to work on but I'm just starting, right?

For me I had to eat either 100% or not at all, I quit cold-turkey when it came to pasta and grains. I just decided that september 1st, 2009 was the day I would start, and go as long as I could, it was super hard at first, but has gotten alot easier. That was until I cheated, its been a challenge to get back on and start again, I have been doing okay, I def could improve in some areas. I did finally decide that starting june 1st, 2010 I WILL be back to 100% again. I just have to, the rewards are totally there. And for me I stick to around 30-40 carbs per day, It shocked the body at first, and I think it totally helped in the beginning, none of the lets go down in steps mode. made cheating a whole lot harder.

One Idea for snacks is I pack jerky with me during the day, I found a local butcher that makes sugar free jerky, and not a whole lot of nitrates in it. tastes really good. (http://shyannmeats.com/) they are located in oregon city, great prices, I believe $9/lbs. As for a quick breakfast, I have an omellet maker that allows me to cook my eggs in the microwave for 2:30, and 30s for bacon, Breakfast in less then 3min, is the quickest way for me. Breakfast for me is 2 eggs and 4-6 pieces of pre-cooked bacon (bought from costco) total carbs I believe is 1.8-2carbs.

Also I would highly recommend esp for the first month to write everything you eat down, even if you dont look up your carbs till the end of the day, at least you know what its worth. As you go you will understand about what everything is worth almost by looking at it. Good luck to you.
    (my weightloss blog)

Quote Originally Posted by sdstone00 View Post
    Kudos to you for being 100% Primal for so long. I've been about 70-80% for about 6 months and have lost about 40 pounds. I try and keep my total carbs around 50-75. The hardest part for me is the lack of support from the family. If I make Primal things, that family will eat them but I am often asked to make things that are not so primal. This is hard.

Steve
    Beaverton
    I totally understand, my family wasnt as supportive in the beginning, now I have my sister somewhat on board, she's has the right idea its just going thru with it. I would say continue with making primal stuff, one thing that has worked for me, is I will cook up alot of meals ahead of time, then pull them out of the freezer when I need them. Makes it a little eaiser, as for making non-primal foods, have them cook it, and you cook yours. Eventually they will get on the plan. Takes time.
    (my weightloss blog)

thx for your tips.
    I've been tracking food on sparkpeople.com, which works pretty well. I'm going to (finally) start a primal journal as well.

re: family, I will cook something non-primal like rice for hubby to go with the meat/fish & veg; then I will just not eat it. works ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast