Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All these "Steak and Eggs" threads.... page

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member

All these "Steak and Eggs" threads....

Shop Now
    Can someone just summarize this all please?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    People think they'll become ripped if they follow 70s bodybuilding diet advice.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieRUNS View Post
    It started here.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTNhCzmUjlw

The video says it all.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    I decided to spend a month getting in shape for the summer, adding a bit of muscle and lowering my bodyfat. I remembered back to when I was younger when I followed bodybuilding during the late 60s and early 70s. Those muscle beach years in southern California at Gold's gym always fascinated me and the body builders of that era had the type of physiques that I admired. So out of curiosity I went on the web to see what kind of diet they were following and came across the Steak and Eggs diet by Vince Gironda. I decided to modify it a bit by applying Paleo principles - grass fed beef and eggs from local free range chickens and Paleo carbs on the Sunday refeed to see if it enabled me to gain muscle and lose fat when combined with an intense 4 weeks of weight training. I decided to start a thread to record my experience. This is the 4th week and I've gained about 4 lbs of muscle and dropped a couple of lbs of fat. Strength is greatly improved, energy is up and I feel I've made good progress. Others read about it and decided to join in the exeperiment with their own varitations . Its been fascinating to hear about their experiences and results.
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-22-2013 at 09:45 AM.

biko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    It started here.
    I would be able to do that for like.... one day!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    With the exception of the initial one, I wish people had posted them in the journal section...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I'll likely be starting one soon.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    With the exception of the initial one, I wish people had posted them in the journal section...
    Agreed. Same with the previous fad potato diet threads. It's a forum for asking questions and seeking advice and not your own damn journal. There's a journal forum for that reason.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Agreed. Same with the previous fad potato diet threads. It's a forum for asking questions and seeking advice and not your own damn journal. There's a journal forum for that reason.
    At least with the potato threads there were groups of people getting involved... idk, personal "journeys" in the general forum just seems a bit attention seeking to me.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast