Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All these "Steak and Eggs" threads.... page 2

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I decided to spend a month getting in shape for the summer, adding a bit of muscle and lowering my bodyfat. I remembered back to when I was younger when I followed bodybuilding during the late 60s and early 70s. Those muscle beach years in southern California at Gold's gym always fascinated me and the body builders of that era had the type of physiques that I admired. So out of curiosity I went on the web to see what kind of diet they were following and came across the Steak and Eggs diet by Vince Gironda. I decided to modify it a bit by applying Paleo principles - grass fed beef and eggs from local free range chickens and Paleo carbs on the Sunday refeed to see if it enabled me to gain muscle and lose fat when combined with an intense 4 weeks of weight training. I decided to start a thread to record my experience. This is the 4th week and I've gained about 4 lbs of muscle and dropped a couple of lbs of fat. Strength is greatly improved, energy is up and I feel I've made good progress. Others read about it and decided to join in the exeperiment with their own varitations . Its been fascinating to hear about their experiences and results.
    Cool! -and saw your pic, you look great!

Thanks for all the replies... I think I'll start from the beginning.

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    hahaha.... love it!

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    With the exception of the initial one, I wish people had posted them in the journal section...
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Agreed. Same with the previous fad potato diet threads. It's a forum for asking questions and seeking advice and not your own damn journal. There's a journal forum for that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    At least with the potato threads there were groups of people getting involved... idk, personal "journeys" in the general forum just seems a bit attention seeking to me.
    You're all just jealous.

Z0oom is offline Member
    It has been a very interesting adventure. And I hate to say it, but it did pretty much get me ripped.

First week was difficult - but the initial energy from the diet gave me lots of energy to jump-start workouts and weight lifting.
    Second week was easier - was already in the habit of eating steak and eggs, but burning off all of that energy can be difficult especially if your sore.
    Third week - Was just like second week, except I would substitute various meats in like liver, and also duck eggs which are 10x better!
    Fourth week - going well so far!

The biggest things I have taken from this is how to control my sugar and carb cravings. Running off of fat alone definitely feels superior to sugars, but sugars do have their advantages.

After this challenge I will really be able to hone in on my dietary intake. You see and feel lots of changes and most of them are good. I had to drink a lot more water, increased my salt intake (natural salts of course, straight from the mountains!), and the best part is not feeling hungry as often. I would get downright cranky without my daily banana and apple before. And if I didnt, I would sub with dates or other sugars throughout the day. Having a complete hold on my insulin feels like a worlds difference than my primal eating before this challenge.

Also...I used to expend a lot of energy on what food I would eat for the day, from thinking about it, to finding recipes, to researching inflammatory foods, then seeing that Ive spent 5 hours at the computer was a lot of time. Various recipes and everything are a ton of fun, but this cuts all of that chemistry out of the picture and allowed me to focus on other things more like lifting and exercise.

I remember joking with my dad when he wanted a quick meal and went to Wendys for a crappy overpriced salad with soybean oil dressing and franken-chicken. He left and I seared up a thin ribeye, and 6 scrambled eggs and was already sitting and eating by the time he got back. Now that is fast food my friend!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    You're all just jealous.

My Steak and Eggs Journal
    Lol Slightly, actually. It would be cool to be able to do a restricted diet and get ripped, but it always ends in disaster for me.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12