Thread: ...and off we go! page

Addawn is offline Junior Member

...and off we go!

Shop Now
    Hey there fellow Primates

I'll start with a little background. I am the only child to two incredilbly fit and healty parents. When I was younger I was healthy and athletic, but when I was 20 I developed and auto immune disease (ulerative colitis) that changed everything about me. When I was in my mid-20s I had a bout that was very difficult to get under control, the doctor I had at the time put me on very high doses of steriods to get me to where I could function. I gaind 130 lbs within a couple of months. I gained it so fast, my skin split around my abdomen. Since then I have been up and down from the nearly 300 lbs I weigh now by 20-50lbs. Usually when I make a good deal of progess, I become ill again and once again have to go on steroids (Prednisone) so that I can function. This past year has been horrible, I've had 2 hospitalizations and came close to a 3rd.

During this period, I've also had some wonderful things happen, mostly my 17 year old Son (who will be attending the Virginia Military Institute in the Fall) and my fabulous husband. My son, thankfully, has none of my medical issuse and is in incredible shape. My husban, all 6'7" and 350 lbs of him, not so much. He is diabetic and has high blood pressure.

My husband and I want to be grandparents one day, and not just old grandparents who sit and watch the world go by, we want to be active in our grandkids lives and in our own retirement when the time comes. So I started researching, when I found the Primative Diet I knew I had found something great. I discussed it with my Doctor, he agreed that for my husband and I, this was the way to go. So here we are...

We have been on the diet for 2 weeks, last weekend we fell "off the wagon" after a night out with friends, and and continued it into the next day. We were miserable, we had no energy and could accomplish nothing. I vowed then and there, I am Primal and that is the way it is going to be. I have felt sooooo much better the last couple of days. Being off plan is just not worth it.

On another happy note, I am still taking steroids but for the first time while taking them I actually had a weight loss!!! Loving Primal Living....thanks Mark!!!!!!

Primal-V is offline Member
    Congrats on your first steps, don't worry about falling off the wagon now and again. I found one of the greatest achievements of going primal was learning to deal with going off-plan without giving up.

I concentrated on eating 1 or 2 primal meals each day to start with, 11 months later it's second nature to eat this way, this is a life change! Try to focus on how you live each day and when you think of goals make small daily ones, your body will change but try not to let that become your focus.

Good luck!

Addawn is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Primal-5, I am really liking this lifestyle a lot. I'm amazed at how much energy I have and how good I feel! I'm sure I'll have back-slides, I just need to not let them take over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD