Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do people curl one arm at a time? page 2

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Forget FLEX magazine. If you wanna get the 22's, you gotta follow the CT Fletcher method:
    I Command you to Grow! Biceps/Arm Day with CT Fletcher - YouTube
    well.. there must be a method to his madness. 99% of bodybuilders are all about the volume training. it does work. well, that and a truckload of special "vitamins" certainly helps

haha...(edited for a G rating)"for a motherf'ing year and a half I trained f'in arms every goddamned day. on f'in christmas, new years, my motherf'ing birthday, anniversaries, everything. I was in the motherf'ing gym, bangin' arms."

this is pure gold. I think I just found my new routine..
    Last edited by not on the rug; 05-22-2013 at 07:23 AM.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    well.. there must be a method to his madness. 99% of bodybuilders are all about the volume training. it does work. well, that and a truckload of special "vitamins" certainly helps

haha...(edited for a G rating)"for a motherf'ing year and a half I trained f'in arms every goddamned day. on f'in christmas, new years, my motherf'ing birthday, anniversaries, everything. I was in the motherf'ing gym, bangin' arms."

this is pure gold. I think I just found my new routine..
    You gotta swear at those biceps, dude. It brings out the peak. I command you to grow!

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    All those awesome workout routines in Muscle Fitness, Flex, Men's Fitness/Health work extraordinarily well when you're on roids. Works even better when your a meso to begin with. Meso + Roids = "dowhateverthefuckyouwantinthegymandgrow". That's the beauty and irony in those mags, (with a few exceptions)none of the dudes got to where they are by doing just those routines.
    Tren/D-Bol up / Clen Down...
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I admit I know nothing about bodybuilding but I can tell you that in my college gym the guys with really big muscles are doing bench press with a barbell and the skinny guys are curling barbells and dumbells and using that cable thing where you push down on the handle. Obviously all that curling doesn't accomplish very much. There are two young women in there with bigger biceps than most of the curl boys and one of them bench presses big plates and the other does pushups, one-arm pushups and pullups/chinups.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Being weaker on my left side than my right, I am trying to build that up rather than getting better at faking it.

lone.star is offline Junior Member
    There are good reasons like eKatherine said: I am right hand dominant, consequently my right arm is much stronger than my left. When I use a barbell, my right arm compensates for my weaker left, resulting in little gain for my left arm.

Also, the range of motion feels more natural with a DB, and I have noticed my tendonitis in my forearms flares up a lot more with a barbell too.

PrimalHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I admit I know nothing about bodybuilding but I can tell you that in my college gym the guys with really big muscles are doing bench press with a barbell and the skinny guys are curling barbells and dumbells and using that cable thing where you push down on the handle. Obviously all that curling doesn't accomplish very much. There are two young women in there with bigger biceps than most of the curl boys and one of them bench presses big plates and the other does pushups, one-arm pushups and pullups/chinups.
    The bench press is a much better exercise than curls if you had to pick just one, but it only explains a small part of their physique differences. The big guys would still be big without bench presses, and the skinny guys would still be skinny with them.

In my gym, just about all the guys bench and most of them curl, whether they're big or small. This one guy is very muscular and has possibly the biggest biceps in the gym, and he does an insane number of curls. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen him do anything else.
    "Don't go in there, General, it's a trap! That's a grain chamber. It makes people like you into people like me."

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I just lift them because they are there. I also know almost nothing. But after I do all my chin-ups and push-ups I just feel like I can do a little more, and those are the perfect example of convenient heavy things to pick up. 50 pounds each, for a total of 100 pounds, and I squat, stand, curl them both, and raise them over my head 5x5, tossing in shrugs whenever I want. Full-body workout! It feels really good and I can feel my shoulder muscles doing things they don't do when I do chin-ups or push-ups. And it takes more coordination. If I need to pick up a heavy thing in the course of a day, I'll be more able to than someone who just does bodyweight.

and the skinny guys are curling barbells and dumbells and using that cable thing where you push down on the handle. Obviously all that curling doesn't accomplish very much.
    And my arms are getting huge lately. Shirts aren't fitting again. Kind of envy guys who can be strong without getting giant muscles. But maybe they were lifting the 30 or 40 pound weights instead of the 50-pounders?

I do bench-presses sometimes, too.

My right arm is always lagging behind my left in terms of strength. That's where my neck is tight and I think it's nerve-related. Makes me wish I were rich so I could get it fixed.

I'll try unilaterally, but with the squats and lifting over my head, I think symmetry makes more sense.

No, I don't just stand in one place like a dope doing curls. I do full-body stuff and farmer-carries, crawls and any other stuff I feel like doing.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 05-22-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

quikky is online now Senior Member
    You gotta work dem gunzz if you wanna be jacked. Chesticles, bi's, and abzzz.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Besides, it's really hard to do concentration curls on both arms at the same time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast