Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need help with the stomach fat page 4

done4 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You have found something you enjoy doing. Chronic cardio is different for each person. If you enjoy your runs and that makes you feel good then stick with it. I don't consider it chronic if you enjoy it. I will give up a lot of other things before I give up running. Add some lifting to your program, find a nice balance, things will fall in place.

DennyB is online now Senior Member
    Steak and eggs modified, i replace steak with any other meat for budget purposes (usually chicken). Eat 2x a day, concentrate on protein and fat (watch you don't go over your choloric needs) , keep carbs low except for once a week. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

oxide is online now Senior Member
    WTF are you eating on your "cheat day?" Sounds pretty SAD to me.

That looks more like fat than bloat.

Drinking a gallon of water a day is pure BS. It was invented by bottled water companies, the same ones who said that coffee doesn't count as water. Good lord. I have to work concentrate to drink 3-4 cups a day and never had a problem.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

renee16 is offline Junior Member
    I agree with others that chronic cardio could be messing up your metabolism. I am a runner too, but no more than 4times per week. I am also 5'2", and have the opposite problem of looking too skinny and have to "cheat" to keep my weight up. My weight fluctuates between 107-109. I am posting my typical day of eating, just in case it helps you: Breakfast- 3 egg whites, 3 slices bacon, 2cups steamed green beans with coconut oil. 3hrs later: hamburger patty 2cups assorted veg. 3hrs later: 1/4cup raw nuts, 2cups baby carrots Dinner: Large raw salad with ranch dressing, some kind of meat dish. Dessert: fruit pops dipped in chocolate.
    As you see I eat 5 times a day, and it keeps my metabolism working like crazy!

renee16 is offline Junior Member
    Haha! You're funny! I agree about the water thing! My husband is always yelling at me for not drinking enough water.... so silly.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by renee16 View Post
    I agree with others that chronic cardio could be messing up your metabolism. I am a runner too, but no more than 4times per week. I am also 5'2", and have the opposite problem of looking too skinny and have to "cheat" to keep my weight up. My weight fluctuates between 107-109. I am posting my typical day of eating, just in case it helps you: Breakfast- 3 egg whites, 3 slices bacon, 2cups steamed green beans with coconut oil. 3hrs later: hamburger patty 2cups assorted veg. 3hrs later: 1/4cup raw nuts, 2cups baby carrots Dinner: Large raw salad with ranch dressing, some kind of meat dish. Dessert: fruit pops dipped in chocolate.
    As you see I eat 5 times a day, and it keeps my metabolism working like crazy!
    Needing to eat five or six times a day to "keep metabolism up" is about as conventional wisdom as it gets. And throwing out the egg yolks is missing the best and most nutritious part of the egg.

Not preaching, just saying.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dvuong View Post
    I had my Thyroid levels checked recently because I was hypo for a short while. The doctor put me on a low dose of levothyroxine and after experiencing some side effects, he took me off of them. He checked my thyroid levels after I went off and they were normal. He's been monitoring me ever since. I was last checked at the beginning of the month and my TSH is 1.5, which is within normal range (0.450-4.5)
    I have been hypothyroid for years. I was on levothyroxine for 2+ years and my TSH was around 1.65. I still had all the hypo symptoms. You need free T3 and free T4 checked also. My T3 levels were pretty much non existent. I was always low energy and things got worse when I ate VLC and even LC. Levothyroxine doesn't help everybody. Sometimes it takes a med with T3 and T4 such as a NDT. Find a doc that will do a full thyroid panel including the free T's so you can see the full picture.

BTW, I do much better eating more carbs, then protein , and fat. Like you I'm in the gym about 5 days a week and with that activity level you need more carbs esp if you are already calorie restricting.

paleonurse is offline Junior Member
    Why the low water for thyroid?

watzyorbeef is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just try and cut the cardio for a month or so and see what happens. If you really feel like a run....as suggested do sprints! Did wonders for me and i never looked back
    Keep it up
    Last edited by watzyorbeef; 06-02-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234