Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fat fast to get appetite under control? page 3

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Rather than a fat fast, I've found that now and then having one very large, very high fat meal pretty much hits the reset button on any gnawing hunger.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aprimalmomma View Post
    Day 1of my FF has been amazing...I have no hunger, completely forget about food and am not obsessing about when I'm going to eat...what freedom! I also am an energizer bunny! Now I understand when people say they forget to eat or realize all of a sudden it is dinner, etc...I is 6:40 pm and I have only had 600 calories...and I'm totally not hungry...usually I'm diving for the fridge the moment I get home around 4...

I've been busy packing and will eat those 400 calories before bed so I dont set myself up for a bad day tomorrow, but this feeling is amazing!!! My FF is only for 2 days...today and tomorrow while I'm travelling (plane ride)...so as long as I make it through all the temptations at the airport, I should be good...then 3 days of just protein fat and veggies and then FF for the return flight day...after that will gradually increase protein, veggies and decrease fat so my ratios are more like 70/25/5...clearly carbs even those from just veggies stimulate my appetite...

hope tomorrow goes as well...

and I still love kerrygold butter
    What are you eating for your FF? I might try this for a couple days as I've had some really bad binges lately and would like to get them under control and get back into ketosis.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Rather than a fat fast, I've found that now and then having one very large, very high fat meal pretty much hits the reset button on any gnawing hunger.
    I find that easy to believe.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, like eat half a duck then see if you need to eat anything else for the rest of the day and most of tomorrow. You'll probably also gag at the thought of any fatty meals for at least a couple more days, too.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Here's my update,...day 1 of FF was amazing....day 2 not so good. I was flying out West to visit my sister with my kids after work...did fine at work....had a few tbs of butter and 3 hb eggs for the plane but then we were delayed and stuck in the airport for about 6 hours with 2 little kids by myself...wish I could say I was strong but no so much...ate the butter adn the other half of the stick I had brought for the return trip...then I bought a small pack of olives, then a cheddar cheese stick...around hour 5 I broke down and got a salami and swiss panini, couple bites of sons corn muffin and then 3 hours late another pannini.....can I tell you my heart was RACING...it was very unsettling...my normally resting heart rate of 40-45 was 80bpm...it was a very good lesson about what wheat/sugar does to my body...I hope I have learned my lesson because that was a little scary,...now I'm at my sister and she has almost nothing to binge on as she keeps a very sparse kitchen and pantry...also since she knows I can't have any starch/sugar/grains etc for health reasons it keeps me on the straight and narrow...I am probably eating too many calories but figure 3-4 days of solid primal should get me back on track...just have to make it through the airport and resist temptation...

I'm also eating 3x a day here which is weird because I have been IFing so long...definitely don't feel hungry for meals but not over stuffed or binging so hoping I don't gain too much these days

Breakfast - coffee 2tb cream, 3 eggs scrambled in 1tb butter, 1tb almond butter

Lunch - 8 oz gf hamburger, 1/2 avocado, mushrooms and spinach sauteed in 1tb butter, coffee 2tb cream

Dinner - 8 oz boneless beef rib, salad, 1 tb almond butter

I'm worried about gaining...since I'm not ifing...does this menu seem like too much?

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Don't be too hard on yourself. You have to be in the right mood to do a fast. It's not just a matter of mind over matter.

EggGirl is offline Member
    I started an egg fast for the same reasons. My carb cravings and binging was out of control. I am on day 8 now. The results have been amazing....I am just waiting to see if the weight keeps going down and if it will stay off once the egg fast ends. Egg Diet Adventures

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EggGirl View Post
    I started an egg fast for the same reasons. My carb cravings and binging was out of control. I am on day 8 now. The results have been amazing....I am just waiting to see if the weight keeps going down and if it will stay off once the egg fast ends. Egg Diet Adventures
    Hmm. Interesting. You might like to read the Steak and Eggs threads around here. Some of the participants have transitioned to what is being called the "Critters and Eggs" plan after the S&E phase. Basically carnivorousness. Might be a way for you to transition to primal eating and keep the cake monster at bay.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    1lb of ground beef 1c tomatosauce, 6 eggs 4 tb kerrygold butter, 4 tb cream, spinach, asparagus, 2-3ozkerrygold cheese.
    I'm only 5'9" and regularly eat almost the exact same thing some days. How is this too much? Did you eat this everyday for a whole week?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

EggGirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hmm. Interesting. You might like to read the Steak and Eggs threads around here. Some of the participants have transitioned to what is being called the "Critters and Eggs" plan after the S&E phase. Basically carnivorousness. Might be a way for you to transition to primal eating and keep the cake monster at bay.
    Thank you!! I will start reading!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123