Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One gals primal journey to happiness and hormone balance page 2

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I went and got 15 viles of blood take ! Pretty much tested everything from minerals and vitamins to hormones and enzymes, I'm curious to learn the results.

First few days follow up after removing eggs, nightshades and nuts and WOW! Is it possible to have reduced inflammation already? My gut doesn't hurt or feel swollen from end to end ( I had a strong suspicion about eggs and nightshades). My bowels are gurgling and moving now that they aren't swollen and gas/ bloating are dramatically reduced. I'm still enjoying 4oz of wine, when off call, and a morning cup of organic swiss water half caff but am pretty happy with this diet if it works.

Temperature update. It seems my body temps are consistently under 37. I'm wondering what my doc will think of this? From all that I've read it's a signal of sub clinical hypothyroidism. Not surprising!

Anyone else out there reading this on a similar journey?

ldygeko is offline Member
    Hi, Meg -

First, I have so much respect for your successes through so much adversity! I am fortunate to not have to go the autoimmune route at this time, though I have a couple friends who are going through something similar with regard to autoimmune. I hope all this works out well for you! Best of luck....
    Lady Gecko, a.k.a. Theresa.

I finished my temperature protocol today. Average temperatures were 36.3. Seems low. My guess is that my care team will suspect I have sub-clinical hypothyroidism. I did some reading about natural treatment of hypothyroidism. It talked about removing foods that have thyroid blocking abilities....these are pretty much everything I can eat on autoimmune protocol. I'm not too sure what I should do but am going to leave it all up to the "team" of people taking care of me. I'm choosing to be informed but not to micro-manage my own care Sometimes you just have to trust the folks who's job it is to care for you.

Last night I suffered terribly from a restless sleep and drenching night sweats, despite being up at the cottage where it's quiet. and the temps are cool. I haven't had these sweats in a while. Some folks say it's caused by low estrogen, some say hypoglycaemia. I did wake up around 1am STARVING and had to get up to eat some buttercup squash and coconut oil. I was worried that perhaps I needed some more carbs.

Anyone else suffer from night sweats? Any info out there about temperature taking for thyroid function?
    Thanks for reading and your lovely insights!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Anyone wanna have at my results??

Hormone Salivary Pannel: Estrone/Estridiol 0.1 Low (RR 0.2-5.2) Progesterone <1 Low (RR 80-270) DHEA 0.09 (RR 0.1-2.7) Testosterone 9 (RR 4-33) Progestrone 17-OH Low 4.8 (RR 15-60) PG/E2 Ratio <10 Low (RR 45-50)

Cortisol Salivary Pannel: DHT <10 (RR <10-60) AM 1.34 Low (RR 1.8-3.8) noon 0.74 normal (0.3-1.4) pm 0.69 (0.1-1.1) eve 0.19 (0.1-0.8)

Blood: HB 121 Ferritin 37 Low normal

Cholesterol 6.63 High (RR <5.2) Triglycerides 0.6 normal (RR <1.7) HDL 2.12 normal (RR>1.29) LDL 4.24 Very High (RR <2.0) CHOL/HDL ratio 3.13 ideal

Zinc 11.5 low (RR 13-18.5) TSH 1.75 normal (RR 0.3-6) T4 Free 11.3 normal (RR 7-21) Free T3 3.8 normal (2.9-6)

Blood hormones : hard to interpret because I don't cycle LH serum 1.1 Low FSH 8.0 normal Prolactin 9. 8 normal

MAgnesium normal Vit D normal (182) Vit C 45 Low Coper 15 Low (surprising because I have a coper IUD) Fasting insulin 17 low (RR 25-161)

Urine Manganese 0.38 low (RR 0.4-0.9)

Urine Amino Acid Profile Notable results: (I've never heard of half these things) Trypophan low Taurine Very high Histidine low Methionine low Lysine low Threonine low Isoleucine low Alanine low Asparagine low Cystine low Tyrosine Low Serine Low Proline Low Alpha-Aminoadipitate High Beta-alinine High Anserine Very high Huydroxproline very low Glutaimine Low

Based on what I see here. I've started a complex B-vitamin, zinc and added L-glutamine (I have some in my pantry) back into the mix in addition to vit-c chews.

Have'atter...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12