Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Witty response needed.... page

Owen is offline Senior Member

Witty response needed....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The comedian Pete Holmes on Twitter: "If a caveman from the Paleolithic era saw you turn down a cupcake because youre on the "Paleo Diet," he'd kill you with a sharpened seashell"

I laughed at this - but have been trying to think of a decent answer.
    Last edited by Owen; 05-21-2013 at 02:05 PM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    What's a sharpened sea shell against an insulin spike?

The funny part is that some people believe that
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

boomingno is online now Member
    How many cavemen would recognize a cupcake as food? Probably zero. @ his 'logic'

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Does it need a decent answer? It's pretty funny and the underlying subtext (that being 'paleo' is a first world problem) is true.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Does it need a decent answer? It's pretty funny and the underlying subtext (that being 'paleo' is a first world problem) is true.
    True - the lameness of 1st world dieting behavior, I suppose the best way around it, if you do want to refuse anything in this way, is to avoid saying you're on any kind of diet and just say 'I'm eating healthy at the moment'.

I also read about someone who has had massive success on paleo but still eats pastries and desserts at social settings such as conferences, when people ask him how he stays so trim he just lies and says 'I don't know its just luck, I eat this stuff all the time'

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, nobody wants to be bludgeoned by a zealot. I just say I've given up wheat and sugar if people ask.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

ilovesteak is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    The comedian Pete Holmes on Twitter: "If a caveman from the Paleolithic era saw you turn down a cupcake because youre on the "Paleo Diet," he'd kill you with a sharpened seashell"

He wouldn't see me turn down that cupcake because he'd be mesmerized by that venti caramel frappuccino with extra whip that my neighbor is sucking on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

kenn is offline Senior Member

Good thing you're armed with a gun to stop him.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Tell him you and the caveman would be too busy pointing and laughing at him while gorging on your shared meal of Mastodon marrow to even notice the cupcake.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I also read about someone who has had massive success on paleo but still eats pastries and desserts at social settings such as conferences, when people ask him how he stays so trim he just lies and says 'I don't know its just luck, I eat this stuff all the time'
    I had a cupcake at a meeting the other day. It was a "specialty" cupcake and not some Walmart thing. It was actually really yummy. But I can do that and look the way I do because it's not a regular part of my diet. I also knew that 2 cupcakes would have probably messed with my digestion, so I wasn't tempted to go back for 2nds. I suspect a caveman would have started out saying "Yum" and realized after a few that the yum was over, lol. Faux food doesn't make anybody feel great.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast