Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG homemade double down"sandwich"! page

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

OMG homemade double down"sandwich"!

Shop Now
    So, I had these chicken breasts and nothing inspiring to do with them. As a canadian I was bummed that the double down wasn't available to me for a primalish fast food treat. Suddenly, I knew what I wanted to make!!!

I cooked some bacon, set it aside and then cooked my (salt and pepper and garlic powder seasoned) chicken breasts. After a medium heat sear, I added a bit of white wine, turned the heat down and put a lid on. Chicken breasts came out juicy juicy juicy. I sliced them in half the long ways, as in butterflied them. Threw one half back in the pan with grated cheese and covered. Heat on low low low, just to melt the cheese not to cook the meat more. Slathered the other half with dijon mustard and mayo, and added tomato and pepper. Pulled the melted cheese chicken off the heat and added the bacon. Made it into a sandwich.

And then I cried. I actually wept over how awesomely delicious this was.

Man, I wish I had time to blog this stuff. Guess I'll just have to settle with sharing it all with you lovely folks!

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    Ack, I am salivating! I am NOT making the late night trip- to KFC- I'm not. I'm not!

Seriously though, YUM.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    lol don't tease us without pictures!

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    Lil_em the way you describe it makes it sound like a fantastic idea! I don't have any desire to try KFCs version, but my goodness yours sounds yummy
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Exactly, it was so easy to make, and I KNOW what's in it. Why ever venture out for fast food when you can make it better at home?

Sorry rockstareddy, I couldn't wait long enough to take pics. Next time I will try to snap a few before my hoarde of hungry menfolk devour them! (Oh who am I kidding, I didn't even wait to sit down to start in on this! lol)

batty is offline Senior Member
    we made double downs with ground beef instead of the chicken. OMG, so good. i gotta try it with the chicken. that sounds nom-tastic.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

vnumus is offline Junior Member
    Made something similar with beef too. An egg "sandwhich" which consisted of: 1# grassfed burger as buns, 2 fried eggs in the middle, 1 slice of fried bologna (real stuff I got from the farmers market, not oscar meyer shit...lol), and a thick slice of raw milk cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by vnumus View Post
    Made something similar with beef too. An egg "sandwhich" which consisted of: 1# grassfed burger as buns, 2 fried eggs in the middle, 1 slice of fried bologna (real stuff I got from the farmers market, not oscar meyer shit...lol), and a thick slice of raw milk cheese.
    Oh, I think you've just inspired me to make a breakie "sandwich" with homemade pork sausage patties!!! Yum!!!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    OMG.
    You guys are making me drool all over my laptop :-P

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    +1 on the pics!!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast