Thread: Intermittent Fasting question page

fes31129 is offline Junior Member

Intermittent Fasting question

Primal Fuel
    After an injury which stopped me from working out, i fell off the diet aspect too. I am back on both now and have been eating Primal for 8 days. I had no plans to do IF but today I woke up and had no desire to eat breakfast, simply wasnt hungry. As lunch time rolls around, same thing. I mean I am slightly hungry but not dying for food by any means. 2 weeks ago I couldnt stop eating. Now this early into it should I force myself to eat something or should i just listen to my body.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Listen to your body.
    *~Sara~*

ilovesteak is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fes31129 View Post
    After an injury which stopped me from working out, i fell off the diet aspect too. I am back on both now and have been eating Primal for 8 days. I had no plans to do IF but today I woke up and had no desire to eat breakfast, simply wasnt hungry. As lunch time rolls around, same thing. I mean I am slightly hungry but not dying for food by any means. 2 weeks ago I couldnt stop eating. Now this early into it should I force myself to eat something or should i just listen to my body.
    Listening to your body is all good and well but you need a goal, and a plan to get there. When people say "just listen to your body" I can't help but cringe a little. Yes, listening to your body is important but what if your body tells you to have a chocolate croissant? Decide what you want to accomplish and plan your actions to get there. If your body is getting hurt in the process, it'll tell you. That's when you listen to it. It's so easy to justify excessive snacking and bad decisions because "I'm listening to my body" Don't fall into that trap. Good luck.

Sent from my DROIDX using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Listening to your body is important, and if you normally overeat it's a great way of ratcheting back on calories. But one thing that I have noticed when I am sick is that I lose my appetite and general appreciation of food, so I have to force myself to eat.

That said, there's nothing wrong with eating only once a day if you enjoy that, just make sure that your single meal has enough nutrition (vitamins and minerals) as well as calories. I struggled to get enough calories in a single meal each day, so now I eat twice a day.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 05-21-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    A couple of weeks ago I had a cold. It cut my appetite by 30% or so. After a week I had lost 3 lbs. Once the cold was gone, I regained my appetite, but not the lbs. I haven't been ravenous since, but that might be in my future, lol. I went with it. It felt OK. Stressing over my daily intake doesn't feel OK to me.

Are you under weight? Is the loss of a few lbs a danger to you?
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

fes31129 is offline Junior Member
    Noooo far from underweight. I have quite a bit to lose. I was just reading Robb Wolf articles and he implied you should be eating this way for awhile before you jump into IF. He said it might even be detrimental to weight loss efforts if you start to soon.
    But again, today i just wasn't hungry. Didn't eat all day and had a normal dinner and i feel fine. Just curious if this a bad idea. I don't plan on incorporating IF as a rule but I'd rather not force myself to eat.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

breetbree is offline Senior Member
    i would listen to your body. recently i did my first 24 hour fast, and i felt great after! i just made sure to drink plenty of water and some tea that has zero calories, carbs, or sugar. and i think it's delicious so the fast wasn't a problem!