Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self confessed cereal killer page

CaveBug is online now Senior Member

Self confessed cereal killer

Shop Now
    Hi, my name is CaveBug, and I love cereal. There, I said it. It is my weakness and it's a bad one too. There is nothing redemptive about it at all, just milk and grains. I don't understand. I used to really love bread, not anymore and oh so many other SAD foods don't really trigger me anymore but there is something about cereal.

Has anyone else had a hard time kicking the cereal habit? Tips? Tricks?

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    There are lots of recipes for grain-free granola around, with raw milk or crap-free almond milk, if you need a substitute. Or maybe you could try upping the primal-friend carbs?

Theo911 is offline Junior Member
    Cereal addict here too. My wife eats Quaker Oat squares and my daughter loves Capn Crunch. I combine them on carb reload days 1x week. Other than that I cant touch a bowl because it turns into 2 bowls every time. Absolutely no self control.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    what's wrong with milk? how about some gluten free cereal or granola?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

peppermint is offline Member
    real berries > crunchberries

add some walnuts for texture and cream for milky fatty goodness.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveBug View Post
    Tips? Tricks?
    1)don't buy it
    2)eat some bacon and eggs instead ( which will be so good you forget all about the cereal)

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    I'm guessing it's more ritual and less genuine carb need? If so you could maybe undermine it by defining cereal as plain puffed rice (at least get gluten/sugar out of the equation). Over time a protein breakfast or no breakfast might become more attractive.
    35//6'3"/180

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveBug View Post
    Hi, my name is CaveBug, and I love cereal. There, I said it. It is my weakness and it's a bad one too. There is nothing redemptive about it at all, just milk and grains. I don't understand. I used to really love bread, not anymore and oh so many other SAD foods don't really trigger me anymore but there is something about cereal.

Has anyone else had a hard time kicking the cereal habit? Tips? Tricks?
    SO FUNNY! I sooo miss my Kashi Heart to Heart with nuts and berries. I've only been Primal for a week but I open my pantry and look at my cereal and say, miss you baby. (((sniff)))

I think it's just hard in the beginning and like any old flame we'll forget them when we find something better. I'm thinking I'm going to pursue the crustless quiche next.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    1)don't buy it
    2)eat some bacon and eggs instead ( which will be so good you forget all about the cereal)
    This is what I was about to say, almost word for word.

The seared flesh of dead animals is a MUCH better breakfast than soggy horse feed, especially with runny egg yolks.

prime11 is offline Junior Member
    Cereal used to be a huge downfall in my diet. Would eat a box and half gallon of milk in a couple hours no problem. I went cold turkey on wheat and sugar for about a month and the cereal cravings luckily went away along with the other SAD foods. It's great to be off that stuff, those binges were some killer calories.

My suggestion: Trick yourself: Replace it with another similar food you like. For example, make a bowl of chopped fruit, yogurt, and maybe some nuts, and eat with a spoon in a bowl.

If you can't live without, use it as your carb refeed food once every week or every other week to limit the intake and don't feel bad about it. It's serving a purpose at that point.
    Last edited by prime11; 05-21-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast