Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Calling out to women re: calories page 6

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokkette View Post
    I don't think 1500 calories is an unrealistic goal for your height, and 2000 calories definitely sounds like too much. I'm currently 5'10 and 150 lbs and my calorie target is about 1650 for very slow weight loss. I don't have any problem staying around or under this goal provided I'm eating healthful whole foods and eating almost ideally primal/paleo. Do I get the munchies? Yes. I'm a bored grazer. But am I actually hungry? No.

How often are you actually hungry rather than just craving things? And how often do you eat when you're not really hungry, resulting in unnecessary calories at the wrong time getting instantly stored as body fat?

Cut out the potato chips. I totally support indulgences (I usually make sure I have enough calories for some wine and/or chocolate), but potato chips are just awful. Having recently pigged out on WAAAY more than 1 oz of Ruffles, I get the temptation. But it's so not worth it.

50-100g of carbs from veggies and a little fruit, 0.7-1g protein for each pound of lean muscle mass, and fill up the rest with healthy fats that'll leave you feeling satisfied. It's worked for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I used to be a big time night snacker. Staying up late, getting hungry at 10pm snack would usually be fresh berries with some cream. I knew this was from habit rather than hunger. Plus I used to think I couldn't sleep well if I was hungry. I've found that if I get to bed earlier I can sleep just fine even with a bit of hunger. I'm not really a bored eater but I do get cravings for chocolate or sugar when I am stressed or angry. I've been working on this and have been grabbing water instead.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post

Best $12 I have spent in a long time.
    One more question.... Does she have any resources for the science behind eating certain foods for certain areas like adrenals?

I guess $16 for the book isn't too much to part with.

My Journal

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
    I finished the posts and my big takeaway is that it will take much longer than I thought to lose the fat. I'll keep on keeping on. Focus on real, nourishing foods, not junk food.

I was doing this.... I thought, but not losing. I am sure I was healing though, and maybe just a coincidence that I started losing again when I did. But I was eating PHD way, making sure to eat what he recommended and supplement mostly what he recommended. At least I was not gaining.

But definitely, I was not eating any junk. No sweet tea, no soda, no fast food, no wheats, no pastas, no veggie oils, no processed. And I have been eating that way for quite some time. I found primal in March of 2012 and was just about there before that.

So I think for me, focusing on nourishing and calming adrenals, thyroid, liver, pituitary, and body substance, it just really seemed to make a difference. It is funny that it is the same foods I was eating before, but only specific foods on specific days and it makes a difference. Even down to the veggies. Certain ones on certain days makes a difference as to what goal you are trying to accomplish.

As for the studies, I am sure they are there, though I glaze over on some of that stuff. She has "geeky sciencey moments" and I scan them then get back to the plain English version, so I really don't know what all is there. It just seemed to make sense to me so I didnt really question it. I guess I should pay more attention to that sort of thing.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Well, gopintos, I ordered the book. It will be an interesting experiment.

My Journal

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456