Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulletproof Coffe page

Rookie44 is offline Junior Member

Bulletproof Coffe

Shop Now
    Ok, people what are your thoughts on Bulletproof Coffee? I guess, it's black 2Tbs of Butter and 1Tbs of Coconut oil. I have done no research on this, but I've hearing about this recipe and people using it for essential fats. Let hear it! Pros? Cons?

~Rookie

mikegee2 is offline Member
    Well, I for one don't like the taste on my tongue. But That's all in preference

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    I like the taste of bulletproof coffee. You can add some other stuff to make it even better. Try adding a little vanilla extract and/or cocoa powder.

I have just about stopped making bulletproof coffee though because my weight was creeping up and I honestly did not seem to get any boost, mentally or physically. I was making ~20 ounces and drinking that instead of my typical black coffee that I bring from home. In the end I do and feel better when I am Intermittent fasting without any (fat) calories in the morning.
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie44 View Post
    Ok, people what are your thoughts on Bulletproof Coffee? I guess, it's black 2Tbs of Butter and 1Tbs of Coconut oil. I have done no research on this, but I've hearing about this recipe and people using it for essential fats. Let hear it! Pros? Cons?

~Rookie
    People have different opinions on it, but I view it as an aid to intermittant fasting. Try it with pure MCT oil instead of cocount oil some time, it does make a difference. When I drink bulletproof coffee, it typically replaces breakfast AND lunch and I eat at dinner if I don't want to continue the fast. Having a cup of bulletproof coffee alongside a huge breakfast of meat and eggs just seems strange to me. Try treating it as a temporary food subsititute, not something to be consumed with food of any kind. The mental benefits of the caffiene and MCTs are a fun benefit also. Read more about it on Dave Asprey's site if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    People have different opinions on it, but I view it as an aid to intermittant fasting. Try it with pure MCT oil instead of cocount oil some time, it does make a difference. When I drink bulletproof coffee, it typically replaces breakfast AND lunch and I eat at dinner if I don't want to continue the fast. Having a cup of bulletproof coffee alongside a huge breakfast of meat and eggs just seems strange to me. Try treating it as a temporary food subsititute, not something to be consumed with food of any kind. The mental benefits of the caffiene and MCTs are a fun benefit also. Read more about it on Dave Asprey's site if you are interested.
    Dumb question maybe, but what is MCT oil?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Dumb question maybe, but what is MCT oil?
    Medium chain triglyceride oil. It is useful because as compared to other types of fats, medium chain trigylerides become metabolized for energy much more efficiently. So use LOTS of it in your coffee and get caffeine plus the energy from the MCT fats. It's the point of bulletproof tea/coffee. Coconut oil is also a rich source of MCT fats.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    I add cinnamon to mine. Keeps me satiated for hours and it's something I have when I know I won't be able to eat a decent meal for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Medium chain triglyceride oil. It is useful because as compared to other types of fats, medium chain trigylerides become metabolized for energy much more efficiently. So use LOTS of it in your coffee and get caffeine plus the energy from the MCT fats. It's the point of bulletproof tea/coffee. Coconut oil is also a rich source of MCT fats.
    There's Coconut oil in it already. So, are you suggesting to use MCT from a different source? Such as?

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    maybe they use this or the one recommended by the bulletproof guy

Amazon.com: NOW Foods Mct 100% Oil, 32-Fluid Ounces: Health & Personal Care

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    There's Coconut oil in it already. So, are you suggesting to use MCT from a different source? Such as?
    MCT fats are saturated fats of a medium chain length which allows them to be quickly metabolized for energy. Coconut oil being primarily saturated fats, is a rich source of MCTs but it also has triglycerides of other lengths as well.

MCT oil is concentrated to contain ONLY medium chain triglycerides to maximize the amount of energy you get per calorie. There is no such thing as a naturally occurring MCT oil. Bulletproof guy uses butter for taste mostly and adds his own "special" MCT oil for energy.

Many people don't use MCT oils, preferring the taste of coconut oil and just using that, sans even the butter. I mean, more coconut oil means more MCT content for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast