Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to drink page

BigChris is offline Senior Member

What to drink

Shop Now
    Sugar is bad, artificial sweetness is worse. At work during the week Iím ok as I constantly drink hot/warm tea usually green or an herbal tisane types and my protein shake. Weekend mornings I do a large coffee with heavy cream, but itís all the other times I have issues with, yes I do drink plain water a lot, (even add just a splash of lemon just occasionally, if desperate) but I want something simple and quick with some good flavor to it and no crabs or calories. Otherwise itís just to dam easy, convent and temping to pore a little packet of chemicals in bottle add water and presto instant yummy drink.
    04/23/2012 Initial Weight : 445 lbs
    06/27/2012 Current weight : 403 lbs
    07/29/2014 Goal weight : 200 lbs

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Sparkling water on ice with a wedge of lime?

peppermint is offline Member
    I like to put a splash of wine in a glass of ice water. Sparkling water is good too.

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Why not brew up a pitcher of herbal tea and keep it in the fridge?

Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    Why not brew up a pitcher of herbal tea and keep it in the fridge?
    Tried that with mixed results ... when and if there is even room for it, usual bottom shelf has 3-4gals milk plus a few bottles of fruit jucie for the 3 little guys, then someone else always seemd to drink most of it. Hence the need for ďinstantĒ easy somethingÖ.

ie I come in from outside doing whatever need/want a drink and can make it supper quick and easy on the spot drink it down and get on with my day.

Yes its sad but the SAD world really has nailed the uber quick easy convent angle of things.
    Last edited by BigChris; 05-21-2013 at 07:59 AM.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    What is wrong with water? The more sweet things you consume, the more sweet things you will want to consume.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    try sour instead of sweet, i find it much more thirst quenching. I'm in the UK but presume you can get similar cooking ingredients in the US. In the cooking section of your supermarket, probably near the cake mix section (don't look at them) you should be able to find lime and lemon juice concentrate. It should only contain lime juice concentrate,lime oil , and a preservative (usually potassium metabisulphite or sodium metabisulphite) I always go for potassium over sodium but its personal choice there.
    in 100ml (you'll be using 5-10ml)
    Energy 95kJ (22kcal)
    Protein 0.3g
    Carbohydrate 1.0g
    Sugars 0.9g
    Fat 0.1g trace
    Saturates trace
    Fibre 0.2g trace
    Sodium* trace

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Maybe a Sodastream? It's a home carbonator and they also sell unsweetened flavors (called "MyWater"). It takes about 10-15 seconds to prepare 1 liter.

If you're on the road, almost any place that sells soda should sell unsweetened iced tea or flavored seltzer. I also consider Zevia and Steaz sodas okay once in a while (sweetened with erythritol).
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

I do drink water most of the time (I'm one of those try to drink a gallon a day of it types) is just that It is boring bland and I like a change and something with a bit of taste once in a while and atm my fallback is the past was to just to add lemon/lime juice or concentrate (even sometimes just a splash of other fruit juices) but only having two or a few other options totally sucks ... when there are dozens and dozens of various flavor pack options out there for everyone else... YES I mean I could just make and store something or on a rear occasion have a chem pack as part of my 10% or whatever just was hope for some good alterative. Yea yea yea I know Grok would have just stuck his head in a stream, hack a branch of a maple tree to drank the sap or chugged down the blood of the wildebeest but….
    04/23/2012 Initial Weight : 445 lbs
    06/27/2012 Current weight : 403 lbs
    07/29/2014 Goal weight : 200 lbs

peppermint is offline Member
    if ifs and buts were candies and nuts...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast