Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What to drink page 3

BigChris is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I would suggest that eating those bagels couldn't have been all that satisfying if doing so meant you put on so much weight.
    Bagels being used as a euphemism for all things process with grain and sugar . Don’t really have much of a sweat tooth for cakes/cookies but breads of all kinds yes there a killer and also one of the main staple foods of our household right up there again with other starchy filling carbs. – all meals not fix by me are like 60%+ filler cabs 20% veg and 20% meat. -- and protion contol .. no leveing the table untill the plates are all clean. (as I said it's a fight everday and everymeal to eat differnt)

also I stop walking everyday and going to the gym, yad yad yad .. I kind of do thinks 90-100% one way or the other. so I litery did nothing palo/heathy for 9month simply happy to shove carb in my hole utill stuffed over and over again.

yes I can rationlize it, justifly it, whine and kavtch about it even try shifting the blame to others but ultimaly yes I DID IT and "I" need to FIX it... just not sure how exsaly or what I need or can do difently so that it works long term this time.
    Last edited by BigChris; 05-21-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    04/23/2012 Initial Weight : 445 lbs
    06/27/2012 Current weight : 403 lbs
    07/29/2014 Goal weight : 200 lbs

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    have you tried the coconut water?

Nope I get coconut milk every week to put in my shakes but have never seen that .. What’s it taste like and would it be in the same section of the normal grocery store or do I need to find a specialty type

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    yes I can rationlize it, justifly it, whine and kavtch about it even try shifting the blame to others but ultimaly yes I DID IT and "I" need to FIX it... just not sure how exsaly or what I need or can do difently so that it works long term this time.
    You just have to keep trying until you find a mix that works for you. It's a great idea to look back and try and understand why you failed and think up fixes.

Maybe if you are a "feast or famine" type (ie, you are either all in or all out)... you might benefit from a cheat day once a week. Stay primal, 100% all week. Then one day a week, drink soda and eat crap *if* you want it. Sometimes working around cravings doesn't work.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

ok to get thinks back on track... we have

Sparkling water on ice with a wedge of lime
    splash of wine in a glass of ice water
    pitcher of herbal tea
    try sour instead of sweet - add lemon or lime to water
    Sodastream and unsweetened flavors (called "MyWater")
    flavored seltzer water
    Try kombucha
    coconut water

Cut the water in half

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    They sell coconut water in the supermarkets in the UK so they probably do in the US.I've bought it in Asda so wall-mart might sell it.
    I buy it in 330ml juice type cartons and its in the chiller.

It has 18 calories + 5 carbs in 100ml. I find it to be pretty sweet so I dilute 1 part with 2 times as much cold water. Its vaguely coconut in flavour but not very strong. The sweetness is its main component

You can get it with added fruit juice but that puts up the calories and carbs and i am avoiding fruit juice so Ive not tried it. I have tried it with squeezed lemon and lime which gives it more definition and flavour

keep an eye open for it, its probably worth a try and might hit the spot when you want something sweet
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 05-21-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: you will look great at 200lb by the way

PseudoDiva is offline Junior Member
    How about fruit and herb infusions? Get yourself a couple of big water bottles. Fill them with ice, water, and any combination of the following:

blueberries
    raspberries
    Meyer lemons (way sweeter than regular)
    mint leaves
    cucumbers

You can do this.

You can also make Kombucha. It's easy and very cheap. I find it really helps curb the sugar cravings. Message me if you want to know more.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Try kombucha- expensive enough not to become a habit and really tasty. It's also good for your digestion.
    It's even cheaper if you make it yourself!

The hard part is finding a glass vessel big enough to ferment it in.

We go through about 10L a week of Kombucha, although I get hardly any of that because the kids drink it all.....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    this is primal, people.
    There are only two sanctioned beverages: blood and melted butter.

leukothea is offline Member
    One of the primal cookbooks had a "recipe" for sage water -- just put some sage leaves in a jug of good-tasting water and leave in the fridge for several hours. Done!

I have just started making my own kombucha! My first batch is ready now, and I strained it into six 375-mL bottles with airlocks on top (because I tend to go all-out; that's a little bit of overkill, I'm pretty sure). I have another batch fermenting under the sink. So that does take some prep work and some inconvenience -- it's almost like having a needy houseplant or maintaining a compost pile -- but now I have six probiotic drinks I could crack open when I get thirsty.

Have you tried small amounts of vinegar in ice water? There are some flavored vinegars that are really lovely -- raspberry, etc. -- and a tsp. or two of that in ice water is delightful on a hot day. In the old days people would call drinks like that a "shrub." I'm itching to make my own rhubarb-infused vinegar sometime soon for drinking purposes.

I have a lot of specialty bitters in my liquor cabinet. To punch up the flavor of ice water, try a few squirts of grapefruit bitters, lemon bitters, orange bitters, Angostura aromatic bitters, cherry bitters, or even Aztec chocolate bitters. It's even better in fizzy water; something about the bubbles and the burst of tart flavor is so totally refreshing to me now.

There are even more exotic flavors of bitters where I live (Seattle is such a hipster town...), but the fancy small-batch-distilled copper-kettle kind tend to go for about $15+ for a small bottle, which is a bit rich for my blood. Then again, I've been working through these bottles of bitters for literally years and they are still almost full.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast