Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What to drink page 2

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChris View Post
    there are dozens and dozens of various flavor pack options out there for everyone else
    Everyone else is killing themselves with the food they eat. They are lost. You are on the right track, just tighten it up. Soon enough you will stop craving these things.

BigChris is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Everyone else is killing themselves with the food they eat. They are lost. You are on the right track, just tighten it up. Soon enough you will stop craving these things.
    Yes and No … ok I got real good at suicide by bagel in my 9 month sojourn away from paleo (it was cheap, easy, satisfying and deadly).. but Last spring summer when I was doing great and basically only drinking water outside of My tea at work the craving for something quick simple and tasty was still there.

Time to ramble…

Guess it gets hard to constantly battle and sailing agents the wind when your own past/issues society, family, basically everyone around you is doing something different and your options are limit to things that are much more complex and time consuming …

Don’t know .. as I’m getting back into eating right yet again; I’m analyzing some the reasons I burned out and fell away last fall and one of the biggest on I have found is conveyance .. I needed to shop separate, cook separate, eat different, prepare food and store them all of which seem to be in constant conflict with the rest of the house, throw in a little work stress and random life crises-of-the-moment things and as always .. ME, my workouts, my eating, my whatever gets drop as I “have to” deal with everything else first and honestly this has repeated over and over and over .. I do great and lose a bunch of weight then bam wall - I just don’t seem to be able to maintain the emotions/spiritual/force-of-will energy need to fight the world and myself

so .. yea anything that make this simpler, easer, more convent when I don’t have time of energy to think/plan/work at it and more able to fit in “normally” (ie even if that’s really totally dysfunctional) with those around help tremendously.
    04/23/2012 Initial Weight : 445 lbs
    06/27/2012 Current weight : 403 lbs
    07/29/2014 Goal weight : 200 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris View Post
    Yes and No … ok I got real good at suicide by bagel in my 9 month sojourn away from paleo (it was cheap, easy, satisfying and deadly).. but Last spring summer when I was doing great and basically only drinking water outside of My tea at work the craving for something quick simple and tasty was still there.

Time to ramble…

Guess it gets hard to constantly battle and sailing agents the wind when your own past/issues society, family, basically everyone around you is doing something different and your options are limit to things that are much more complex and time consuming …

Don’t know .. as I’m getting back into eating right yet again; I’m analyzing some the reasons I burned out and fell away last fall and one of the biggest on I have found is conveyance .. I needed to shop separate, cook separate, eat different, prepare food and store them all of which seem to be in constant conflict with the rest of the house, throw in a little work stress and random life crises-of-the-moment things and as always .. ME, my workouts, my eating, my whatever gets drop as I “have to” deal with everything else first and honestly this has repeated over and over and over .. I do great and lose a bunch of weight then bam wall - I just don’t seem to be able to maintain the emotions/spiritual/force-of-will energy need to fight the world and myself

so .. yea anything that make this simpler, easer, more convent when I don’t have time of energy to think/plan/work at it and more able to fit in “normally” (ie even if that’s really totally dysfunctional) with those around help tremendously.
    I understand that you want to be 100% primal. I also understand that it is difficult. What I do not understand is what you are expecting to hear. Either put in the effort and get the results or don't put in the effort and get different "results". You can do it if you want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I understand that you want to be 100% primal. I also understand that it is difficult. What I do not understand is what you are expecting to hear. Either put in the effort and get the results or don't put in the effort and get different "results". You can do it if you want to do it.
    What I was hoping was someone(s) would have neat, great, novel; interesting options for some tasty low cal, low carb primal things to drink that I might not have ever considered or thought of.

– yes I can “put in the effort”, “suck it up” and just “drink the water” but as I also mention that hasn’t work out so well in the past and I can’t see it working indefinitely every day forever going forward at least not “for me”.

diene is offline Senior Member
    What's wrong with seltzer water? Polar vanilla flavored seltzer water tastes just like cream soda, except without the sugar or artificial sweetener. It's my favorite. I don't even miss regular or diet soda anymore. And now when I try a diet soda, it leaves a weird aftertaste in my mouth that I don't like.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest that eating those bagels couldn't have been all that satisfying if doing so meant you put on so much weight.

Cut the water in half. You are drinking far more than you need if you're not an extreme athlete working out in the heat of a hot summer's day. It will be a lot less boring if you drink less of it.

Get a thermal jug. Or two. Fill it and put it in your refrigerator the evening before and add more ice in the morning before you go to work.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The more Crystal Lite I drink, the more water tastes bland. When I make a commitment to cut it, it takes about two days for water to taste like what I'm supposed to be drinking.

I think there are few 100%ers, though I think there are plenty of 90+%ers. If artificially sweetened drinks are that important to you, drink them.

We don't have to go back to grok to see what we should be drinking. Just back a few generations. Water, coffee, tea, and the occasional soda. And soda came in 7 oz bottles then.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

other then "it leaves a weird aftertaste in my mouth that I don't like." ..ok, ok ... I probably could learn to like it ... so, I just might have to pick up a case of mixed flaovors inplace of my normal sobie life water one.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Try kombucha- expensive enough not to become a habit and really tasty. It's also good for your digestion.

I hear ya.... I miss Coke a lot. If I could pick any food to have be either magically healthy or benign, it would be good old coke.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Cut the water in half. You are drinking far more than you need if you're not an extreme athlete working out in the heat of a hot summer's day. It will be a lot less boring if you drink less of it.
    I agree here. I used to force myself to drink too much water and I hated it. Now I drink it when I'm thirsty and it tastes great.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast