Thread: My Daily Journal page

NATLES is offline Member

My Daily Journal

Well, I am on week 2. Last week I lost 8 1/2 lbs which is awesome. Over the weekend my husband and I went camping so dipped into my 20%. It was hard to get back on track on Sunday. Monday was a good day, I made chicken stroganoff (the beef storganoff recipe) only with chicken. I made veggie strips with carrots and zucchini for the first time ever and added them into the mix at the very end. You couldn't even taste them, will be doing this alot more often for added veggies.

I have to confess that I have been having dark chocolate every night. Last night I didn't have any and so I ate my daughters frozen Russell Stover milk chocolate bunny (well half of it). Must go get my dark chocolate tonight, its been my savings grace; with giving up almost all carbs and sugar. I am a carb & sugar-aholic so this is a huge feat for me (oh, not to mention pop!). Here's a picture of our dinner last night!
    0520 dinner.jpg

NATLES is offline Member
    Yesterday I did really well. I noticed my urinating getting more frequent and constant (I do have Interstitial Cycstitis) which can trigger these symptoms and sometimes I get UTI's. Good new is I did a UA and it was perfect!! So still may be detoxing which is ok!! Feeling less overwhelmed this week and even enjoying the new lifestyle.

I am officially down 20 pounds (I lost 10 lbs before starting primal). I can visually see my body shape changing, for PRIMAL MEAL.jpgthe first time even, I am losing belly fat first and have noticed my muscles getting stronger and more defined without even working out. This is amazing to me and proof that this is working. Last night made a yummy bacon cheeseburger and cauliflower mashed potatoes. They were so yummy and looked like the real thing, I put some hamburger and bacon grease left over in them, yum! I tried to trick my 4 y/o daughter with the "potatoes" and she didn't buy it. She said, "They taste like brocolli!" Can't get nothing past her. She said next time if we put bacon in them she would eat them, we will try try again! I have noticed since we have been mostly primal, she has not been eating any crackers or as much carby foods which is progress. Mainly she snacks on yogurt and string cheese, and some fruit. Here's a picture of last nights dinner!

NATLES is offline Member
    So I got confused and have been posting my journals on separate threads, oh well. Starting here since I have the pretty pictures and all!! This is week 3, I have not lost anymore weight but have been "cheating" on the weekends which has not helped me at all. Decided this is not such a good idea and that we need to find other primal alternatives. Also finding when I make alternatives, like Taco Pizza with primal crust, I need to still be careful with my portions. This stuff is so much more filling and I tended to overeat. I have been perusing the forums and found some good ideas for grilling which we will be doing alot of this summer. Really looking forward to buying our electric smoker so we can smoke a bunch of meat on the weekends and make jerky. Can't wait!!! Current weight 265.8.

amyamaretto2783 is offline Junior Member
    Hi there I read through your journal and it seems we have a lot in common! Especially our love of chocolate lol. I made a really good primal dark chocolate cheesecake with pecan crust a few weeks ago. It was bomb. Good luck on your journey, seems like you're off to a good start!

Grok On! <3

NATLES is offline Member
    I would love to have your recipe if you wanted to post it!! Let's keep in touch!

NATLES is offline Member
    Well...I had a terrible weekend. We had company and I ate whatever I wanted. Although, for dinner we made a bunch of steak (yum!), mashed sweet potatoes and sauteed zucchini, mushrooms, onions and yellow squash with bacon in it! It was the most amazing meal, not one we would usually make but we had everything for the meal thanks to eating primally and everyone loved it!! We had the first taste of our grass-fed steak, it was tender and tasty but had a sort of gamey taste. I wonder if we are not used to this quality of meat and this is normal? I would be interested to hear from you all to get your thoughts.

I have also decided to stay off of the scale. I have always had a strong addiction to that stupid thing and it keeps me on a roller coaster of emotions, happy to see progress, beat myself up when it goes up. I would weight myself daily and we all know our weight fluctuates alot so go figure!! Worked out for the first time last night, did squats, push-ups and torso track (for my abs). My daughter loved the push-ups: she laid upside down underneath me and I kissed her every time I went down, she loved this!!! I did too, made it more fun this way and got some quality mommy/daughter time!!

NATLES is offline Member

Unhappy To be Perfect or Not to be Perfect?

I have this little problem called "Perfection"! It has caused a lot of problems for me in my life. I used to live under constant guilt and self-loathing feelings. I still struggle with the "all or nothing" mentality; I think I have to do "said" eating plan or lifestyle perfect or I go off completely, allowing myself to binge eat. Anyone else have this struggle and what have you done to overcome it?

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    i gave myself a flexible calorie limit with a 500 calorie difference between minimum and maximum. It stops me obsessing. Ive never eaten to the maximum yet but I know its there and it takes the pressure off. I can have an extra meal if its really necessary.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

NATLES is offline Member
    Well, I have been off my primal eating for a couple weeks now. Of course gaining back my weight in the belly. I am not beating myself up, nor have I forced myself back onto the scale. I decided that I know I have gained weight back, I don't need the nonsensical scale to tell me that. I am on this journey to freedom from food obsession and health and the scale undermines my efforts there. I actually feel really good about making the decision to stay off of the scale; a victory in its own right!!

I decided last week that I would use my daily journal to keep me accountable but posting my daily food intake. Here's to new beginnings and positivity, self-awareness and a life worth living! Blessings to all of you out there, fighting the good fight! (Before photos to come...)

NATLES is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Another note...I was in Kansas City this weekend for a mini vacation and we ran into a Barnes and Noble and I bought The Primal Blueprint. I am elated to finally have it!! While MDA is amazingly helpful, there is so much information and can be overwhelming at times. I have heard from so many that this is a great book so I will be diving into it today.

Our vacation was wonderful, we enjoyed a Royals game and they kicked the Astros butts!!