Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: vegetarian page

lucyw is offline Junior Member

vegetarian

Primal Fuel
    Hi Folks

I am a vegetarian, no intention of not being one, just wanted to ask if this can work for me?.. itseems very meaty

( not looking for a debate about vegetarians and meat eaters.. )

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Sure, toss out the soy milk and cereals, bring in the full fat raw dairy and eggs, lots of 'em. Bring in fish a couple times a month and you're good to go.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyw View Post
    Hi Folks

I am a vegetarian, no intention of not being one, just wanted to ask if this can work for me?.. itseems very meaty

( not looking for a debate about vegetarians and meat eaters.. )
    Yeah, Mark's wife is a pescatarian (or how ever you spell it). As for a straight up vegetarian, I am not sure where you would get your protein and B-vitamins as legumes and such tend to be frowned on, unless you eat eggs/dairy. Perhaps if you sprouted them in a Weston Price kind of way it might work. Yet, as Legbiter said, it can be rough as (non-fermented) soy is out, grains are out (though there is some debate on quinoa and such), and legumes/peanuts are not held up too favorably.

That said, there are many former vegetarians/vegans here who can probably give you a better idea.

Best of luck to you!

thank you. i already dont do soy but do eat quite a lot of pasta, rice, bread etc... was just a bit concerened that without them I wouldnt have much of any 'substance'.. although just writing that now I see how ridiculous that is !!

Off to source some raw dairy....

cant do the fish either..yuck !

Thanks Canio6. I understand that green leafy veg has plenty of protein ( people have asked me for 30 years where I get my protein, but I have survived !)... I think I will compromise and eat quinoa, and nuts and seeds.

thank you for your replies, I am going to investigate it further.. as I am pretty healthy but I do feel tired a lot of the time and the insulin thing has been suggested to me before

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyw View Post
    Thanks Canio6. I understand that green leafy veg has plenty of protein ( people have asked me for 30 years where I get my protein, but I have survived !)... I think I will compromise and eat quinoa, and nuts and seeds.
    Ah, very true. I just find it easier to eat meat than a cart-load of greens (though honestly I should eat more greens). As such, I tend to forget how good they can be. My only caution with nuts and seeds is that A) they are very easy to over eat (for me and others, not for you necessarily) and B) they can tend to be high in O6, which many here seem concerned with. As for quinoa, I have honestly never eaten it, but people seem to like it.

Again, good luck and let us know how it goes

upupandaway is offline Senior Member

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Best thing ever written for insistent vegetarians: For Vegans | Raw Food SOS

I know you didn't say vegan, but it applies to you. Please read it. It doesn't say "Hey, stop being a vegetarian." I promise.

peppermint is offline Member
    A cup of spinach has just under a gram of protein. I don't know about anyone else here but I'm not eating more than a few cups a day, much less enough to cover any kind of protein need. Greens are in no way an ideal protein source. 7 cups of spinach = 1 egg, protein-wise.

I could easily eat 7 cups of spinach a day

( seriously though I hve been veggie for 30+ years, carried and fed 2 ( very healthy) children, am generally very fit and healthy so Im not concerned about the protien )

thanks for the info folks, very very helpful... i feel much more confident to drop the bread and pasta now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast