Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vegetarian page 2

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Best thing ever written for insistent vegetarians: For Vegans | Raw Food SOS

I know you didn't say vegan, but it applies to you. Please read it. It doesn't say "Hey, stop being a vegetarian." I promise.
    i second this. denise minger is a great resource for you. hell, she's a great resource for everyone

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you buy your spinach frozen in a 3 pound block, each block will have 54g of protein in it. For maximum bioavailability, greens should be cooked, so it makes sense to buy it this way. However, that's still an awful lot of green poop.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest that proceeding toward primal is better than not doing it because you worry that you won't be able to do it perfectly.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    i second this. denise minger is a great resource for you. hell, she's a great resource for everyone
    She's not exactly torture on the old ocular receptacles either, my good man.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I would suggest that proceeding toward primal is better than not doing it because you worry that you won't be able to do it perfectly.
    This is spot on. Also, eggs are 100% vegetarian and 100% primal. "5 a day" as they say!

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    She's not exactly torture on the old ocular receptacles either, my good man.
    Indeed... she is very "healthy"

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Are you doing any dairy? I get a lot of my protein from Greek yogurt (I use 0% fat, but full fat or 2% Fage is delicious), eggs and egg whites. Seriously, I can make so many things with plain greek yogurt, both savory & sweet. I eat it every day, it's awesome.
    So true. Full fat Greek yogurt is a good substitute for mayonnaise (chop up pickles to make primal tartar sauce), sour cream (put it on your spicy beef. No double entendre intended) and ice cream (toss a couple berries on top of a bowl full of the stuff). It's a lactase persistent vegetarian's best friend.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    My brother is a vegetarian, which means he doesn't eat meat, but he also doesn't eat a bunch of crappy pasta and bread. Which means he eats almost nothing. Not a good plan.

Just eat some meat people.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OP, yes, you can absolutely be primal and a vegetarian. I would lean heavily on eggs and dairy as quality protein sources. Enjoy lots of vegetables along with things like rice and potatoes.

How do you feel about shellfish? (they don't have a central nervous system to feel pain, and are incredibly good for you)

Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    My brother is a vegetarian, which means he doesn't eat meat, but he also doesn't eat a bunch of crappy pasta and bread. Which means he eats almost nothing. Not a good plan.

Just eat some meat people.
    Erm, did you read the OP? Your advice is ........ stupid, within the context of this thread.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast