Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is this for real? page 4

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    You weigh 118 pounds and you want to lose a pound a day?
    How tall are you? 3'7"?
    I never set out to lose a pound a day but this is happening. I am eating more and somuch more satisfied than I was at 121 lbs. (Before PB) so I was surprised.

I'm 5'5" and people say I'm small/curvy/thin/athletic bodied but put me in a bikini and it tells a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to share, that recently I have found avocados in a form of home-made guacamole to be a sort of answer to my predicament of fibre-fat-nuts-fruit. I am also working on kimchi being my stand in for fruit (so far did not develop the habit).
    Speaking of avocados... I just had a salad with evoo and vingr and a salty/limed up avocado-- not only was it delicious but I felt fantastic after I ate it...best yet since going PRimal. No protein lunch. This makes me wonder if body does not like all this protein.

I have my sweet potatoes ready to go for tonight. Looking forward to it and hoping for a good run tomorrow morning!

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Julie...

You're only 5 days into this. Give yourself more time, drink water, just stick to it. You're losing water weight which should come off quickly, then you'll settle into either a steady weight loss or punctuated pattern of many days stable, then a day or two of significant loss. This is individual.

If you are going to exercise as much as you have listed, you have to fuel those workouts, especially the tennis and weight lifting. Low-intensity cardio is not as glycogen demanding. Anything else that is glycogen demanding requires carbohydrates.

So, stay low carb, work out less. Or work out more, and fuel your workouts with post-workout carb.

Choose a simple plan and give it a month.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieRUNS View Post
    I feel very vulnerable, I guess the "low carb flu", where I can't take when the kids scream. That is when I researched and found that I need to eat huge amounts of fat - that Dr on the proteinpowder.com website (daily apple link) says eat chicken skin with slabs of butter under it - basically go crazy fat. So I am doing this starting yesterday - the symptoms are not from the tons of fat.
    Okay, if the reason you're eating high fat is because of the carb flu, then I think the recommended fat is medium chain fatty acids, like coconut oil. This is because MCFAs can be absorbed and utilized by the body very quickly so some people compare them to carbs (simple carbs are absorbed and used quickly too). MCFAs could, in theory, give you an energy boost, but I've never personally experienced any such boost although coconut oil is very yummy.

Anyhow, my advice to you is to just eat more carbs. It doesn't sound like you have much weight to lose. No need to torture yourself by eating very low carb.

Quote Originally Posted by kcarol View Post
    Julie...

You're only 5 days into this. Give yourself more time, drink water, just stick to it. You're losing water weight which should come off quickly, then you'll settle into either a steady weight loss or punctuated pattern of many days stable, then a day or two of significant loss. This is individual.

If you are going to exercise as much as you have listed, you have to fuel those workouts, especially the tennis and weight lifting. Low-intensity cardio is not as glycogen demanding. Anything else that is glycogen demanding requires carbohydrates.

So, stay low carb, work out less. Or work out more, and fuel your workouts with post-workout carb.

Choose a simple plan and give it a month.
    Thanks for the reply.
    What I don't understand is why people say "fuel workouts with post-workout carb". In the past, I've trained low-carb but went pasta crazy the night before a race. I always have tons of energy from the carbs the night before. That seems more important.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Okay, if the reason you're eating high fat is because of the carb flu, then I think the recommended fat is medium chain fatty acids, like coconut oil. This is because MCFAs can be absorbed and utilized by the body very quickly so some people compare them to carbs (simple carbs are absorbed and used quickly too). MCFAs could, in theory, give you an energy boost, but I've never personally experienced any such boost although coconut oil is very yummy.

Anyhow, my advice to you is to just eat more carbs. It doesn't sound like you have much weight to lose. No need to torture yourself by eating very low carb.
    So far on PB there has been no torture on the eating part but I WILL eat more carbs if it means I can still lose and have more energy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234