Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why am I not loosing weight?? page

adriana is offline Junior Member

Why am I not loosing weight??

Primal Fuel
    I am a wife and mother of 5. Always very busy. In the evenings I go for 30 minute walks to the park. When I have time in the mornings I run one mile, Usually 2 times a week. I changed my diet to primal about 3 weeks ago. I am getting a bit frustrated. I have not lost an ounce. I haven't had any sugar nor grains at all. Any suggestions??

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    This can be very typical. The first thing I see is the busyness. I'm a mom of three young boys. I didn't lose much in the beginning either. Then over the first year I lost 30lbs. It takes time. Nourish your body with good food, keep walking, look into ways to de-stress ( deep breathing, meditation)

You can find my journal over in that section of the forums. It will happen. Don't give up.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Thanks Momto3.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Wow Adriana, you do sound busy. WEll done of cutting the grains and sugar, I hope your are noticiing some improvements in your general health as a result. Also I trust you have cut out packaged products and processed oils.

If you are already fit and not far from goal weight it may take a while. On the other hand if not fit but have started adding exercise you may change shape without losing on the scale.

There are lots of things to take into account and weight is only part of the story. Primal food is also only part of the story, we need to find a good balance within the available choices. Eg too many nuts and cheese is famous for preventing weight loss and very easy to fall into.

Good luck.

Hi Annieh. Yes I have cut out processed oils and packaged food. It is a hard for me since I'm in this alone. My husband is not interested in PB. But I have not slipped. I'm proud of myself ☺
    For the past 11 years (when I had my first son) I've been overweight. I have gone on several diets and I do loose weight but when I'm done with the diet I gain all the weight right back. And I just end up being mad at myself and then I get depressed and start with the emotional eating. I have been able to control that. I only eat when I'm hungry. I don't think I eat all the calories I should be eating.
    I don't know what's going on with me. I'm thinking too much fatty food. 😕
    Very frustrating.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Just keep on keepin on. Eat clean, move around, lift some stuff and sprint once in a while.

Give us an idea of your daily food intake and maybe we can give you some pointers.

This is my usual food log
    breakfast I usually have 2 eggs and 2-3 strips of bacon.
    Lunch: handful of mixed nuts. (macadamia nuts, almonds and cashews)
    Dinner: about 3-4 ounces of meat (chicken, pork or beef) and salad.
    Evening snack: an apple with 2 tbsp of almond butter.
    Lots of water during day.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Are you feeling a lot of cravings and a lack of energy? It looks like you may be consuming too few calories. How tall are you?

I am 5ft tall and 151lbs. I don't really have cravings. I don't feel very energetic in the mornings. Later on during the day my energy levels do go up.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    i agree with you adriana, I don't think you are eating quite enough. Are you choosing lean cuts of meat?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast