Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why am I not loosing weight?? page 3

the primal princess is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Agreed, adriana I don't think you are eating enough. Eat more to weigh less.. Sounds crazy but it works. After the birth of my third I bought an expensive pair of designer jeans that were my goal-not the scale, but these jeans. Took me some time but with the PB lifestyle one day a few months later, I slipped right into those jeans. It's funny how I almost miss trying them on weekly to see my progress...way cooler than some numbers on a scale. Maybe you can find something else to work towards, mini goals or a new pair of jeans like me? Regardless, stick with it, and be super proud of all that you've accomplished so far (FIVE kids?! that alone is a major accomplishment to be proud of!!)

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Why did everybody in this thread continue to spell 'lose' incorrectly? Was it to avoid offending the OP? How weak have we become when grammatical inaccuracies are perpetuated instead of corrected?
    5 lose, 3 loose, 4 losing, 1 loosing, surely we should tolerate no inaccuracies, particularly specious ones!
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 06-12-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Paleobird Guest
    Heh.

Mark should put a sticky up at the top saying, "You LOSE weight so your pants will be LOOSE".
    And another saying, "YOU'RE looking great because YOUR muscles are toning up".

But it's not really a big deal. I know a lot of folks around this board don't have English as their first language and most of us English speakers would be hard pressed to do as well in any other language.

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Hi adriana,
    I want to suggest a few things after being PB about 2 yrs -
    - if you prefer chicken and pork and enjoy it, by all means eat it. Beef especially grassfed does have a lot of nutrients, but so do other meats, and in the end it's not that different, and your own body will tell you what it needs/wants better than a book. If you want to get enough fat eat the drumsticks and skin or prepare in butter.

- But, I would not worry too much about filling up a certain fat requirement. You hear a lot about really high-fat diets on the forums, but plenty of primal people just eat nutrient dense filling foods and center their diet around relatively lean meats, potatoes, sweet potatoes and other tubers, and fruit and vegetables.

- I think you would feel a lot better with vegetables! They can be time consuming to prepare. But, even buy a few bags of organic frozen peas to keep in the freezer - it's dried peas the legume that we avoid. It's simple to bake sweet potatoes or white potatoes at 350 for about an hour and they come out deliciously. Zucchini and summer squashes are in season now and lovely even just sliced and steamed. Nothing wrong with fruit, either! It's easy to keep melons and apples around for quick meal additions.

I would suggest just giving a lower fat, higher carb diet a try for 2 weeks or so. Eat a little less bacon and add in potatoes and fruit and vegetables and see how you do!

Also, I know nuts are great because they're so handy to keep around! and there's definitely nothing wrong with nuts. But, they are high calorie and easy to overeat, so I would think about replacing lunch nuts with meat and a leftover sweet potato from last night or whatever- I think it would fill you up better and give you more energy and more nutrients than just nuts. Maybe you could do what I do and get used to cold roasted chicken from the fridge

Good luck with those kiddos - you're doing great already tbh and sometimes it just takes time.
    Last edited by campanella; 06-13-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    If you have a few minutes- please take a look at my story, in my journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87400.html
    I do warn you, I am a copious writer.

KanshyWills is offline Junior Member
    Why don't you do some aerobic exercise?

Dumisanismith is offline Junior Member
    Eat as much as fruits you can..they are zero on fat and full of other nutrients which make you stronger without making you gain weight of flesh...incorporate bananas, apples in main course food or use them as salads..

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    OMG, 3 spams in a row!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

cedgmon is offline Junior Member
    Removed due to carbdoggeer being a Facebook stalking forum troll. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by cedgmon; 07-21-2013 at 11:58 PM.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cedgmon View Post
    I started primal at the beginning of March and have finally plateaued, but not too worried with 25 more pounds to go.
    why didn't you start your own thread? its kind of rude to high-jack someone else's thread when you expect flames, suggestions and comments on your lifestyle
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

alian_peter is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Morning: Coffee w/ heavy cream. 2 eggs scrambled with ghee and spinach
    afternoon: leftover dinner....cobb salad (greens, egg, avocado, almonds, chicken, bacon)
    snack: piece of fruit, maybe a piece of dark chocolate, maybe decaf w/ cream, maybe an avocado or hard-boiled egg, just depends
    dinner: chicken and tomato soup with coconut milk (a paleo recipe)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast