Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why am I not loosing weight?? page 2

adriana is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    No. I don't eat lean cuts.
    I guess I need to serve myself more. I'm not used to eating a lot. This is why I don't understand why my weight won't go down. Before PB I did eat sweets. Chocolate😍 Which I completely cut out of my diet. 😞 I never really liked red meat. Something that I'm slowly getting used to. I love any cut of pork and chicken. Haven't tried fish yet. Need to find a recipe that sounds good.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    You don't have a vast amount of weight to lose. I have a lot so it was quicker for me but it took me a bit to get from sugar burning to fat burning. Eat a bit more, a bit more meat and a few more carbs.You must have a really busy life with the children and must expend quite a lot of energy. Your body is still finding its way, you've changed your whole way of feeding it. I'm no expert but unlike diets this isn't just a quick fix for just losing weight so I think you need to be more patient with your self. Reading a lot of other women's journals the weight loss seems to start as a small burn at first in moderately overweight women and then once they are established it seems to speed up more. By the way, you should be proud of yourself, there must be a lot of temptation about.
    I don't cook much fish myself so if you find any good recipes please share.

CarbDodger, thanks for your reply. Yes there is a lot of temptation in my house. I am a stay at home mom. With 3 in school. And twins at home. And husband comes home for lunch. I find myself always in the kitchen. I'm always looking for new recipes. I like verity. Will let you know if I find any good fish ones

Thanks for your words Sopnishwhite.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I did not start losing weight until a month after starting primal. And even at that, it was a slow start of a couple of pounds per week.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

wiliamsth is offline Junior Member
    a little amount of exercise won't help to loose more weight. working hard would show some noticeable changes in your weight...

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Give it time. If you eat the right foods, the weight loss will follow.

I've been primal close to a year and have lost 25 lbs., which averages to about 2 lbs a month. But, I did not always lose 2 lbs a month. Sometimes I went 2 months without losing anything. Some months I lost 5. Some weeks I gained! I really had to go off how I felt (great) and things like my belt needing to be cinched tighter.

I started primal as a way to lose weight. I got frustrated in the beginning too because I was not having the big losses like others talk about. But I kept at it and a funny thing happened....it became more about my health than weight loss. I stopped worrying if I was eating too much/too little, too much fat/too little, etc. and just ate when I was hungry until I was full with real food. Here I am a year later and 25 lbs lighter and not 'dieting'. I stick to it because of how great I feel, and because I know it is also helping me lose weight. Slowly, but surely..

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Why did everybody in this thread continue to spell 'lose' incorrectly? Was it to avoid offending the OP? How weak have we become when grammatical inaccuracies are perpetuated instead of corrected?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    I think you failed to replace the carb calories you cut with calories from fats and protein, due to this your metabolism may have slowed down a little. Maybe try fitting in a mug of Bulletproof coffee somewhere in your routine ( Organic coffee, unsalted grass fed butter, organic coconut oil )this will provide you with some good fats and convince your body that you are not in starvation mode, hopefully it will kick start the fat burning process once again !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast