Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowels discussion :-D - TMI! page

Primal Fuel

From my research, our 'movements' are supposedly a major indication of our current health and nutrition consumption/ absorbtion and the body's ability to adequately process our food.

My husband has been a little taken back by the change in color of his bowels from brown to green. He says they have been green for about a month now.

I mentioned that it is indeed an indication in the increase of bile being released by his gallbladder for the processing of the additional fat and cholesterol being consumed now that he's been 'Primal'.

Anyone know of a reason for worry? Mine have been ranging from light brown to very dark brown lately.

I do know that I don't have issues like I used to, so I know that my body isn't getting 'stopped up' like when I was following CW, but should he pay close attention to this color or just mark it as another primal 'happening'?

evil_O Guest

I have no vital information for you regarding this other than... I/we are in the same boat as your husband. As you however, our "issues" following CW have gone by the way side. :-) TMI... LOL

marika Guest

Mine too has become slightly greenish with eating lots more greens lately. Spinach in particular seems to do that to me.

sammylou is offline Junior Member

try beets. it comes out fuschia!

goodfriendsam Guest

Is it just the color? Is there mucous or film on top of the water? Are the movements coming out nice, easy, and daily, or are they heavy/sinky, or loose?

Honestly, I would be concerned. You might want to talk to your doctor or find a Chek practitioner.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I got a nifty newsletter in the mail a while ago about it. Darned if I didn't delete it.

Hmmmm....

I told him not to worry, but yeah, I wanted to be sure he's not having any particular issues....

Katt is offline Senior Member

I have noticed that it tends to change color with the food I am eating. Most of the time it is dark brown these days. Also, I have been regular, twice daily, and a lack of the 'issues' I have had when eating grains.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Me too Katt. Sure tells us the whole "You're not getting enough fiber!" argument is bupkis!

primalmom is offline Member

well, I really have nothing to add to the thread, Sassa, but I was checking out your blog - VERY COOL ! And then I tried to leave a comment but it wouldn't let me (user error ??) heehee - anyhoo, it looks really good !!!

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast