Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warm! Thank you, Iodine! page

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member

Warm! Thank you, Iodine!

Primal Fuel
    So I took 300 mcg of iodine....and my toes and fingers warmed up a treat. I got toasty toes and fingers....I rarely have toasty toes and fingers.

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Maybe supplementing with iodine will fix this permanently....*off to read Grizz's posts on the iodine stuffs*
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    This is interesting I also have very cold toes, all the time! I tried supplementing wit ginkgo biloba but it didn't really help.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    iodine caused a few forum wars but it really is a useful supp, topically and internally
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KotikBegemotik View Post
    So I took 300 mcg of iodine....and my toes and fingers warmed up a treat. I got toasty toes and fingers....I rarely have toasty toes and fingers.

Maybe supplementing with iodine will fix this permanently....*off to read Grizz's posts on the iodine stuffs*
    That's great but please be wary of some of the extreme quantities being advocated in Grizz's posts. Yes, we do need iodine but too much is just as harmful as too little.

One of the best ways to supplement iodine without overdoing it the opposite direction is to get iodine from natural sources like sea veggies and shellfish.

Thank you, Paleobird and bloodorchid! I greatly appreciate the input of knowledgeable/experienced folks like you.

With regards to dosage, I'm not looking to take great whopping spoonfulls of the stuff. I'm looking to stay at 300-500mcg in additional consumption on top of current diet. I would prefer to consume it naturally, but I'm a bit cautious about seaweed. A lot of the stuff I see has labels in a foreign language. I like labels that I can read. As far as fishy things....I'm not a big fan of anything that isn't in sashimi form and sashimi is kerspensive. I'm working on it, but the smell of cooked fish just doesn't appeal.

I know, I know...this lady doth protest too much.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

diene is offline Senior Member
    If you have an undiagnosed autoimmune thyroid condition (or if you are developing one and are unaware of it), supplementing with iodine could make things worse. Iodine for hypothyroidism: like gasoline on a fire?

Thanks for the heads up, serenity!

I'm making an effort to eat 2-3 raw brazil nuts for their selenium content. That should mitigate a portion of the risk.

I was tested for autoimmune issues 2 years ago and was found to have no issues despite having similar symptoms to the ones that are currently prompting me to try out iodine: cold hands and feet, sluggish brain, fatigue, irritability.

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

Dave Mayo is offline Senior Member
    I take large doses of iodine, only temporarily as I build up my stores. I was tested by a functional med doc and mine was very low. Before you go taking large doses you should read up on it a bunch, there are other nutrients you need to take if you are taking large doses of iodine. FYI, the dosage you posted is nowhere near where I think you need to worry about this stuff, but if you are deficient in selenium taking large doses of iodine can exacerbate thyroid issues. Here's a great, rational discussion with Chris Kresser and Chris Masterjohn from Real health radio on iodine.

Chris Masterjohn on Cholesterol and Heart Disease (Part 3)

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KotikBegemotik View Post

Bwahahahahahahaha!

LOLs.

Grizz was advocating megadoses of Iodine, while his detractors were advocating moderate doses of Iodine.....

The amount you are supplementing with isn't even the RDA, less than even the 'moderate' people from the Iodine thread supported.

I'm happy you found something that works for you.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    we weren't detractors, we were trolls
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast