Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warm! Thank you, Iodine! page 2

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wait, I thought RDA was 150 mcg.... What is the troll-supported moderate dose of iodine supplementation?
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    enough to be healthy, but not so much you need to flush it out with salt
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KotikBegemotik View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, serenity!

I'm making an effort to eat 2-3 raw brazil nuts for their selenium content. That should mitigate a portion of the risk.

I was tested for autoimmune issues 2 years ago and was found to have no issues despite having similar symptoms to the ones that are currently prompting me to try out iodine: cold hands and feet, sluggish brain, fatigue, irritability.
    I agree with Serenity, you need to be very careful supplementing with iodine if you are hypothyroid. I found this out the hard way. You may still have hypothyroid symptoms with "normal' blood work. There are many causes of thyroid not functioning optimally and most doctors do not dig very deep to find the causes. I suggest watching some of Dr. Clark's videos:

Are Iodine Supplements Safe for Low Thyroid (Hypothyroid) - YouTube

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KotikBegemotik View Post
    Thank you, Paleobird and bloodorchid! I greatly appreciate the input of knowledgeable/experienced folks like you.

With regards to dosage, I'm not looking to take great whopping spoonfulls of the stuff. I'm looking to stay at 300-500mcg in additional consumption on top of current diet. I would prefer to consume it naturally, but I'm a bit cautious about seaweed. A lot of the stuff I see has labels in a foreign language. I like labels that I can read. As far as fishy things....I'm not a big fan of anything that isn't in sashimi form and sashimi is kerspensive. I'm working on it, but the smell of cooked fish just doesn't appeal.

I know, I know...this lady doth protest too much.
    Sea Tangle Noodle Company: Eat Healthy Kelp Noodles & Mixed Sea Vegetables Made right here in sunny San Diego.

These are delicious and 24 packs at just a bit over a buck a piece. Crown Prince Natural Smoked Oysters in Pure Olive Oil, 3-Ounce Cans (Pack of 24): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    This is interesting I also have very cold toes, all the time! I tried supplementing wit ginkgo biloba but it didn't really help.
    Nstocks,

Ginkgo biloba is good for improving blood flow and circulation, but mainly on the upper extremities, specifically the head/face.

Depending on the reasons for your cold toes, continued supplementation with Ginkgo may make your cold toes worse....not saying it will though, however.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHLi View Post
    Nstocks,

Ginkgo biloba is good for improving blood flow and circulation, but mainly on the upper extremities, specifically the head/face.

Depending on the reasons for your cold toes, continued supplementation with Ginkgo may make your cold toes worse....not saying it will though, however.
    It was recommended to me when I wrote a "Dear Mark" email. I've discontinued using it because it didn't really make a difference. Stress was mentioned as another possible factor but I'm really not stressed. I may look into Kelp noodles because I seem to just waste a lot of money on isolated supplements.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    we weren't detractors, we were trolls
    !!!!! Love it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12