Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The 80/10/10 Diet by T. Colin Campbell (The China Study) page 4

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Every thread becomes the same thread, with the same players.
    That's because every thread is one of about 10 possible questions, just asked by a different person.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Of course I have zero issues with individuals settling on their own ratios, but this author is attempting a blanket prescription for the malnourished/toxified masses.

As a macrat agnostic my problem with advising 80% anything is that you basically eliminate all familiar cuisine in one fell swoop, which leads to lopsided dinner plates and lackluster texture/flavor substitutions instead of appreciating the highest-quality exemplars from each macro category.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by picklepete View Post
    Of course I have zero issues with individuals settling on their own ratios, but this author is attempting a blanket prescription for the malnourished/toxified masses.

As a macrat agnostic my problem with advising 80% anything is that you basically eliminate all familiar cuisine in one fell swoop, which leads to lopsided dinner plates and lackluster texture/flavor substitutions instead of appreciating the highest-quality exemplars from each macro category.
    Agree. Makes sense.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    That's because every thread is one of about 10 possible questions, just asked by a different person.
    Lol - so true!

1) I'm not losing weight - what am I doing wrong?
    2) Carbs vs Fat
    3) Carb flu / sugar cravings
    3) I can't sleep / have no energy / feel like I'm about to die (Oh, and I happen to be eating VLC.)
    4) Ketosis
    5) CICO
    6) The latest fad (iodine / steak and eggs / cold water therapy / potato diet etc)
    7) Binging
    8) Bullet proof coffee
    9) Argument about some foodstuff or other
    10) Evil insulin

Am I forgetting anything?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I was shooting for 70% carbs, 15% protein, 15% fat based on my Metabolic Typing before I went to whole foods and learned to eat fat. It is fine and yummy diet, I would love to be able to eat like that, non fat yogurt and fruit, and fish and tubers, mmgh. But it made me experience a extreme hunger. So, yeah, as tempting as such diet is, and not having to worry about meat and choke fat down, it need you to be some sort of an insulin champion or have anorexia.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

jackaaron is offline Member
    11) Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaaron View Post
    11) Ray Peat
    He doesn't get his own threads - but he manages to make it into all conversations... like the villain in a novel... or God
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Or, backwards. You can get by perfectly well with 0 carbs for a very long time, but not without fat if you are eating enough meat.
    Isn't that called rabbit starvation?

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I readily admit I have cold hands and feet... they have been that way as long as I can remember. Since at least middle school. And have been that way regardless of diet or level of carb intake.
    I also have low blood pressure, and have had this my whole life.

I do not however experience, nor have I ever, any of the other "side effects" of HFLC that always get tossed out as "guaranteed".
    And that includes getting my blood tested for some of those markers that get tossed around. Never low.
    hmmmm, never thought that low blood pressure would contribute to cold hands and feet. I, too, have suffered with such and have low blood pressure. There have actually been times the doctor has had to look for it more than once.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I used to have cold hands and feet constantly. I would have told you it was just how I was. My doctor at the time ran a thyroid test and told me my thyroid function was perfectly normal.

Don't you know, after I lost my job of 20 years where I was working outdoors in the northern winter, it went away and I have never had that problem again? Unfortunately, I'd guess there are very few out there who have that problem.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    hmmmm, never thought that low blood pressure would contribute to cold hands and feet. I, too, have suffered with such and have low blood pressure. There have actually been times the doctor has had to look for it more than once.
    That's me.
    Sometimes the machine fails and they have to reset it and it works the second time...
    A lot of times they just do it by hand.

That has always been the way my blood pressure is. in the ranges of 90-100/60-65 to 100-110/60-70
    Those number correspond to the "low normal-athletes and children" area of the scale and "BP after strenuous exercise" area.
    Those are my rested normal readings.
    And no I'm not an athlete or a child... I'm a 40 yr old slightly plump woman with disabilities.
    I was for a while in the slightly obese area... still the same BP.
    When I was young and muscular and doing all sorts of crazy activities... same BP.

I know that after exercise it hits down to the 90/60 area and that normal for me stays around 100-105/65-70.
    Some days maybe 115/75. That's a high day.

I often get asked if I "feel OK" if I have a new nurse taking my BP.
    I tell them I'm fine, and they are like, "are you sure... no dizzyness?"
    I guess 40yr old non-athletic women are not allowed to have low BP.
    I explain it's always been that way, and they shake their heads and move on.

My father also has low BP.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast