Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The 80/10/10 Diet by T. Colin Campbell (The China Study) page 3

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Eek, no wonder so many people have cold hands and feet, thinning hair and body temps in the 96's around here.
    So many? Like one? Far and few between, and usually people with low post counts (trolls?) or people new at this whose bodies haven't adjusted. Your straw man is on fire, me thinks.

Everyone needs carbs for metabolic reasons; the body runs on glucose, not fat.
    Or, backwards. You can get by perfectly well with 0 carbs for a very long time, but not without fat if you are eating enough meat.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Apparently, plenty of people on this forum have no problem tolerating severe lifelong restrictions:

How is eating 80% carbs any more restrictive than 80% fat?
    Really? Getting 80% of your calories from the most nutritionally poor high sugar food and you think that is good?????
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I readily admit I have cold hands and feet... they have been that way as long as I can remember. Since at least middle school. And have been that way regardless of diet or level of carb intake.
    I also have low blood pressure, and have had this my whole life.

I do not however experience, nor have I ever, any of the other "side effects" of HFLC that always get tossed out as "guaranteed".
    And that includes getting my blood tested for some of those markers that get tossed around. Never low.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Everyone needs carbs for metabolic reasons; the body runs on glucose, not fat.
    The body needs some glucose (which it can produce) but runs very very well on fat.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    The real question is where is the evolutionary basis for 80% carbs, as opposed to 80% fat for which there is a basis.

It's not about being arbitrarily restrictive.
    Which is? And they both end up in the same state: gluconeogenesis. Which is why I now consume much more protein.

Socio-anthropology is useless, it's a strawman based on historical inaccuracies and things you cannot prove. Throw the inuit in a tropical climate and I guarantee they wouldn't be craving polar bear and trying to get the majority of their calories from meat and fat. They also wouldn't look so torn up and haggard and probably feel much better too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    The body needs some glucose (which it can produce) but runs very very well on fat.
    Which it produces very inefficiently, and the fact that it stubbornly will produce glucose regardless of your restrictive diet shows that it needs glucose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Really? Getting 80% of your calories from the most nutritionally poor high sugar food and you think that is good?????
    I guess fruit and roots are considered nutritionally poor whereas keto mongers consider butter and coconut oil(only possible way to enter ketosis is to consume lots of these sources of fat as the bulk of your calories) nutritionally dense.

You need more glucose, you're not thinking clearly.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 05-22-2013 at 03:20 AM.
    nihil

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    So many? Like one? Far and few between, and usually people with low post counts (trolls?) or people new at this whose bodies haven't adjusted. Your straw man is on fire, me thinks.
    There are countless posts about people with cold hands and feet, chills after eating and thinning hair. Do a search. In addition, most people that are hypothyroid (which is over half of the American population) have no idea. TSH DOES NOT diagnose hypothyroidism. It is a marker of pituitary function, so even blood tests don't work unless you get a full T3/T4/rT3/TSH and understand how to read it. Doctors don't order all them unless you specifically ask. The best marker of your thyroid function is simply a thermometer, and I can guarantee you legions of MDA'ers are in the 97's. Maybe even 96's. I run so hot thanks to my diet corrections (basically inverse 'Carbohydrate Curve') that I don't have to wear socks in the winter anymore. My feet are hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Or, backwards. You can get by perfectly well with 0 carbs for a very long time, but not without fat if you are eating enough meat.
    Incorrect. Glucose is essential - so essential your body will sacrifice its own muscle, bone and organs to get it. Fat is not essential. It is supplemental. Your body requires about 200g of glucose a day for brain function, and about 50g on a pure 0 carbohydrate diet. How much fat does it need daily?

0g.

Whether or not you need something to survive doesn't dictate importance. Your body operates best when you eat both fat and carbohydrate. But your body needs glucose much more than fat. Funny thing is, the fat your body synthesizes from glucose is "cleaner" than the fats we ingest.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Which is? And they both end up in the same state: gluconeogenesis. Which is why I now consume much more protein.

Socio-anthropology is useless, it's a strawman based on historical inaccuracies and things you cannot prove. Throw the inuit in a tropical climate and I guarantee they wouldn't be craving polar bear and trying to get the majority of their calories from meat and fat. They also wouldn't look so torn up and haggard and probably feel much better too.

[1]Which it produces very inefficiently, and the fact that it stubbornly will produce glucose regardless of your restrictive diet shows that it needs glucose.

[2]I guess fruit and roots are considered nutritionally poor whereas keto mongers consider butter and coconut oil(only possible way to [3] enter ketosis is to consume lots of these sources of fat as the bulk of your calories) nutritionally dense.

[4]You need more glucose, you're not thinking clearly.
    [1] Please considering you know nothing about MY diet i would love for you to explain how my diet in anyway restrictive? I eat a tonne of tasty veg, along with some healthy protein and fat! That veg produces more than enough glucose for the body or do you live in some pseudoscience world?

[2]Roots are fine but grains and fruit is nutritionally poor compared to veg and not a good choice in huge amounts due to the higher glucose and fructose content.

[3]I am not going to speak for those who want to go into ketosis, that is their choice.

[4]although the brain needs some glucose fat is a much more important for brain health
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Every thread becomes the same thread, with the same players.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Every thread becomes the same thread, with the same players.
    "Blue Steel? Ferrari? Le Tigra? They're the same face! Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!" - Mugatu

That said, I still read them every time. It is entertaining.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Richard is now eating more protein after finding his original low goal wasn't high enough for him. So that makes zero forum members looking to do 80% fat long-term.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast