Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The 80/10/10 Diet by T. Colin Campbell (The China Study) page 11

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Derp is actually a famous model.
    Outside of MDA?
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Derp is actually a famous model.
    Oh, ok. Like I said, pretty whether male or female
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_alex View Post
    Choco is right. PUFAs are easily oxidized, some of them just need too much light exposure to become rancid.
    Many paleo recipes that use almond flour as a replacement to wheat flour are more unhealthy than the regular thing, I'd rather eat sourdough instead of almond bread.

The big issue is that many people here think to be in a competition of "how far we can go without cereals". I am thinking about another oddity: the meatza...
    He is wrong to be so obsessed with it that he recommends never using any added fat and eating only lean meats, a situation that will be sustainable for very few people, and so righteously convinced that he is right that he just doesn't care whether it will work for them or not.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    He is wrong to be so obsessed with it that he recommends never using any added fat and eating only lean meats, a situation that will be sustainable for very few people, and so righteously convinced that he is right that he just doesn't care whether it will work for them or not.
    He is no more wrongly "obsessed" with lower fat than members who are on the High fat train. Chocotaco's recommendations are clear: avoid drowning your foods in EXCESS fat, especially when tying to establish a deficit. He views isolated fat sources like butter and oils and heavy cream as cooking TOOLS and condiments, not something to base meals on when there are more nutrient-dense foods, like a potato. Aside from ripping fat out of an animal, isolated fat sources in nature are rare. Wild lactating cows and pressed olives aren't in abundance in nature, nor are oodles of shelled and ground nuts and seeds which are prone to oxidation. Choco isn't anti-fat. Saying he is is misleading and misrepresentative on his actual words. I am sure his diet has more fats than you construe, but just because he doesn't advise making 80% of calories from fat doesn't translate to a fat-free diet. I have seen his food, it's nowhere near low or nonfat.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, didn't you guys know?

Thanks drssgchic
    nihil

Sweet Leilani is offline Senior Member
    BTW the Kitavans don't smoke western cigarettes, they smoke their own tobacco leaves and they actually eat a fair bit of coconut products so I don't think their fat intake is as low as some might think.. I grew up on an island north of them.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Yeah, didn't you guys know?

Thanks drssgchic
    I don't follow, well, much of anything in the fashion/entertainment world. Although the opening post in your journal made me think of Bret Easton Ellis' book Glamorama.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    I didn't see this being discussed already-Campbell has a new book out called Whole, where he advocates an 80-10-10 macros diet, (80% being carbs). I just put a library hold on it I read The China Study and it was interesting, to say the least lol.

Has anyone read Whole yet? If so-thoughts?
    The book isn't really about nutrition. It's focused on the political aspect of dietary recommendations.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_alex View Post
    The big issue is that many people here think to be in a competition of "how far we can go without cereals". I am thinking about another oddity: the meatza...
    Do not disparage the meatza or the baconator! These things are flipping awesome. No need to consider them replacements...

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ya know, I gotta say, I like it in here. I'm getting all warm and fuzzy.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011