Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The 80/10/10 Diet by T. Colin Campbell (The China Study) page 10

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    No, he is afraid of cooking something with high PUFA content, heating up and oxidizing the PUFA. And nut flour for pancakes could fall into this category.
    Not hardly. He's afraid that other people might be seasoning their vegetables with half a teaspoon of butter.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Not hardly. He's afraid that other people might be seasoning their vegetables with half a teaspoon of butter.
    I guess he would die of paranoia and angst at the sight of me cooking: I often mix butter and duck fat in the same dish
    But I sort of agree about PUFAs: when I started primal cooking, I would use almond flour and such but I sort of stopped.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Thanks for backing me up, she does indeed look really haggard(gigantic bags under her eyes, and the easily visible wrinkles)
    WHAT?! I was not backing you up! I was mocking you! She looks gorgeous- and has bone-structure to die for. Wrinkles? Bags? Clearly we are not looking at the same picture, here.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Slightly off topic (though more interesting than the constant rehash of fat versus carbs) - did you hear that MJ's daughter attempted suicide? Yahoo!

Sad, but not very surprising... what chance of normality does she have with that kind of legacy behind her?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Slightly off topic (though more interesting than the constant rehash of fat versus carbs) - did you hear that MJ's daughter attempted suicide? Yahoo!

Sad, but not very surprising... what chance of normality does she have with that kind of legacy behind her?
    That is very sad. I was a big MJ fan in middle school, amazing musician and dancer. I can't imagine what it would be like to grow up in the public eye like that (both for him and his children). I hope she's okay
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That is very sad. I was a big MJ fan in middle school, amazing musician and dancer. I can't imagine what it would be like to grow up in the public eye like that (both for him and his children). I hope she's okay
    Fame is a difficult thing to contend with, but in the case of MJ - wow. WHere do you start? The poor girl grew up with a dad who was accused of paedophilia, who had surgery to the point of being unrecognisable, and then she and her bro happen to be white... Was he even their dad?

For most kids divorce is hard enough!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    WHAT?! I was not backing you up! I was mocking you! She looks gorgeous- and has bone-structure to die for. Wrinkles? Bags? Clearly we are not looking at the same picture, here.
    You've seen Derp's avatar buffet haven't you? She ain't his kind of pretty.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    You've seen Derp's avatar buffet haven't you? She ain't his kind of pretty.
    I'm still trying to figure out if Derp has a girl whose pictures he steals, or if that's him. Pretty either way, but I am accustomed to having a general idea of whether the avatar is the speaker or not

But- good point. She isn't his type. However, I think calling her wrinkled has nothing to do with type. Not when I can't see a single wrinkle on her.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It's called fat phobia, the irrational fear that somewhere, someone is using fat to cook or flavor their food. That can be fixed.
    Choco is right. PUFAs are easily oxidized, some of them just need too much light exposure to become rancid.
    Many paleo recipes that use almond flour as a replacement to wheat flour are more unhealthy than the regular thing, I'd rather eat sourdough instead of almond bread.

The big issue is that many people here think to be in a competition of "how far we can go without cereals". I am thinking about another oddity: the meatza...

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out if Derp has a girl whose pictures he steals, or if that's him. Pretty either way, but I am accustomed to having a general idea of whether the avatar is the speaker or not

But- good point. She isn't his type. However, I think calling her wrinkled has nothing to do with type. Not when I can't see a single wrinkle on her.
    Derp is actually a famous model.

- Ray Peat

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast