Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still not over chocolate page

Still not over chocolate

Primal Fuel
    Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon (only been Primal for two weeks now) but I still have mad cravings for chocolate. I've discovered I really shouldn't have heavy cream, (I think I've linked that to stomach upset), so milk is out. Sugar is out. A candy bar is out. So, other than berries or fruit, is it possible to have a decent primal "dessert" that would satisfy my chocolate beast? I usually eat berries and cream, but I'm thinking I can't any more. I'll probably try it again just to verify for myself.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Treat yourself to some 85% or higher dark chocolate! The carbs aren't too bad, even if you can't help but eat the whole bar...like me.

Also, if you're craving chocolate that bad, it could be due to a magnesium deficiency. I would attempt to supplement, especially if you've chosen to eschew nuts like many here have, and see if that has any effect.

Best of luck to you!

I love nuts, so that's not a problem, but with another post I asked about (something, don't remember what) one of the possible ideas is that I was low on magnesium...so maybe there's something to that. I'll start supplementing. Right now my budget is going to meat and veggies, so I have to kinda take purchasing supplements kinda slow for this month (tight money in May).

What fruit/veggie would be good to get my magnesium naturally?

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Why is a candy bar (or 1/12 of one) out? Get the 85% stuff and you'll be fine. CVS carries Green & Black's for like 3 bucks a bar when it's on sale.

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    It took me months to get over chocolate (sweets in general), and even still I find that if I let my regular intake of carbs get too high then I start craving sweets again.

Give it time, and it will pass eventually.

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    Try avocado blended with some cocoa powder, a friend told me about this and loves it, says it tastes like a thick chocolate pudding. You could probably put a little stevia in there to sweeten it up.

emmie is online now Senior Member
    I try not to have any sugar at all, so I bought some baking chocolate (100% cocoa). I can eat a square by itself, but topping it with a T of almond butter makes a great dessert!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I love Scharffen Berger 99% chocolate (1% vanilla bean). It's SO good. In fact, I'm about to have a square now.

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elorajade View Post
    Try avocado blended with some cocoa powder, a friend told me about this and loves it, says it tastes like a thick chocolate pudding. You could probably put a little stevia in there to sweeten it up.
    I've tried variations on the avocado + cocoa powder recipe. My base is 1 avocado, 1 can of coconut milk, and 5 tablespoons of cocoa. Usually I throw some frozen berries in there for texture and a bit of sweetness. Strawberries and blueberries. If I want it sweeter, I put a banana in too. And a bunch of vanilla extract too -- often a tablespoon or more. And almost always a handful of walnuts. Blend it all together in a food processor, and you have around 5 servings of a very rich, thick, chocolately/berry shake. It stays very thick in the fridge, FYI.

Depending on how much fruit you added, you'll probably have around 5g of sugar in a serving, and lots of fat. That's perfectly acceptable to me, but for 5g of sugar I'd probably opt for a serving and a half of dark chocolate instead.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Robert Lustig said in an interview recently that evidence points to at least 5 years to completely get over sugar addiction. Stay strong! Have some beef?
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast