Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody got a Grok-influenced 3-day split? page

SpudClampDawg is offline Junior Member

Anybody got a Grok-influenced 3-day split?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love going to the gym and lifting, but am getting a bit burned out on my routine and want to change it up.

Right now I am doing Back/Bis, Legs, Chest/Shoulders/Tris.

Does anybody do a three day split (M, W, F) with Grok influenced lifts? Maybe a full body workout each day instead of focusing on single groups?

Thanks!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I like full body routines, and have never liked it when I have tried going back to splits. Right now, I do the Project Swole, 3x5 routine: http://www.projectswole.com/weight-t...ngth-training/

Mav3rick is offline Senior Member
    I'm also in the same boat of suffering long term lifting blues. Here's my current 3 day split it's short simple and to the point. I've been limiting my lifting to this and maybe a few secondary exercises if I feel like it.

I start off with Pavel's joint mobility program, usually takes me about 15 to 20 minutes.
    "Evil 8"
    95 lb bar

Deadlift
    Stiff Legged Deadlift
    Bentover Row
    Power Clean
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    Back Squat Goodmorning

This is done in complex fashion bar doesn't touch the ground until the set is complete. Rest between rounds is 1 minute
    Rounds look like this 6 of each, 5 of each, 4 of each, 3 of each, 2 of each, 1 of each

Sometimes I go
    135 lb
    3,2,1 - 3,2,1

Steve-in-MN is offline Member
    I did "New Rules of Lifting" for about 2 years, off an on. Great program - emphasizes multi-joint functional lifts. Set up for 3x per week but you can vary that. You progress through a variety of 6 to 8 week programs. It uses a variety of exercises and pacing (intensity) to emphasize fat loss, strength gain, hypertophy, etc. at different phases of the program. I'm now on to Crossfit, because I love learning the oly and power lifts and the group setting. But NROL was/is a fantastic full-body lifting routine.

Vick is offline Senior Member
    If you are tired of going to the gym it is the first sign of going to often. (overtraining)

I go once a week and can't wait to get there.

SpudClampDawg is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the suggestions - I am gonna give project swole a shot.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    M - Squat, Bench, Deadlifts, Standing Overhead Press
    W - Hill Sprints
    F - Power Clean and Press, Weighted Dips, Weighted Pullups

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vick View Post
    If you are tired of going to the gym it is the first sign of going to often. (overtraining)

I go once a week and can't wait to get there.
    I'm pretty sure you can go to the gym more than once a week without being at risk for overtraining! I think he's tired of the gym because his current routine is getting old.

Here's a fun split to try:

Day 1 - Deadlifts, hang cleans, pullups

Day 2 - Pushups or bench press, dips , military press or handstand pushups (depending on your strength level)

Day 3 - Jump squats, lunges, farmers walk

Rest day or recovery workout in between each day i.e. yoga class, biking, hiking, jogging (I know, I know...chronic cardio yada yada)
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Fury22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can go to the gym more than once a week without being at risk for overtraining! I think he's tired of the gym because his current routine is getting old.

Here's a fun split to try:

Day 1 - Deadlifts, hang cleans, pullups

Day 2 - Pushups or bench press, dips , military press or handstand pushups (depending on your strength level)

Day 3 - Jump squats, lunges, farmers walk

Rest day or recovery workout in between each day i.e. yoga class, biking, hiking, jogging (I know, I know...chronic cardio yada yada)
    Agreed. Looks like he's just bored with his routine, not physically burned out.

The only thing is that I don't like to see Olympic lifts recommended unless the person either knows how to do them or is willing to learn first. Although it's not necessary, I like to see some form of heavy squatting or front squatting at least once a week.
    Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

cancerguy99 is offline Member
    In additon to the WODs at my CrossFit box (I only go 4 x's a week) I have recently added Wendler's 5-3-1 program for strength gains. If you google you will get lot's of variations one has a 3 day split.
    Last edited by cancerguy99; 05-18-2010 at 09:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast