Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you feel like when you allow some non primal back in? page

MorganGirl is offline Member

What do you feel like when you allow some non primal back in?

I've been about 95% primal since February, and have been very strict about following the PB. Until last night, when I ate some veggies with a dip that had Kraft Mayo in it. All last night I was horribly bloated! Then today I ate a crabcake hubby brought home for me. It obviously had been breaded, but I thought, what the hell, I've been good. Nose has started running, stomach cramps and headache!

Serves me right for cheating, eh??

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Depends on what it is. Each thing I shouldn't eat has a different set of symptoms, which makes it easier to figure out what went wrong. Also, if my boyfriend ate the same things I did, his symptoms are different and we can cross-match.

Now mind you, I don't intentionally eat things that I react to. Ever. But sometimes they sneak in.

Other stuff, stuff I don't react to, is just treats.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I'm not gluten intolerant, but whenever I eat some processed carbs, I generally feel fine. If I have too much sugar, I feel really hot like my metabolism is ramping up to burn it off, heart pounds more than usual for a few hours, but that's pretty much it. Stomach doesn't feel any differently.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    I'm not gluten intolerant, but whenever I eat some processed carbs, I generally feel fine. If I have too much sugar, I feel really hot like my metabolism is ramping up to burn it off, heart pounds more than usual for a few hours, but that's pretty much it. Stomach doesn't feel any differently.
    This happens to me if alcohol was involved.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Generally nothing much happens to me except that I lose this:

There Is Another Level Above “I’m Doing Fine” - GNOLLS.ORG

Until you get to the level above fine you have no idea what you don't have until it's gone.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    when i have a bad day its usually drinking and then drunk eating. The food makes me feel worse than the drink. i am lathargic and cant sleep
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

79 pounds down 54 pounds from primal

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Generally nothing much happens to me except that I lose this:

There Is Another Level Above “I’m Doing Fine” - GNOLLS.ORG

Until you get to the level above fine you have no idea what you don't have until it's gone.
    Ditto.

In the first couple of months, I had gut pain if I had a gluten exposure (which I assume occurred because my gut was still healing). Now I don't have pain, I just feel unwelcomely un-wonderwoman-like.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Constant indigestion and stomach discomfort for days and days.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    I wish i had an intolerance to gluten. It might not have took me so long to catch on to the fact it was bad for me

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Honestly? I feel fine. Last night I went to a restaurant and had a slice of pecan pie at the end. I felt stuffed - it was a heavy end to the meal - but other than that I was okay. Today I feel great. I'm clearly not particularly sensitive to gluten.

I try to stay primal as much as I can, though. When I cheat a lot in general my weight loss stops, and I have a long way to go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast