Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you feel like when you allow some non primal back in? page 3

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    The number one thing that I notice a difference in is protein & fat quality.
    I'm not particularly gluten or sugar sensitive, but if I eat CAFO meats and "vegetable" oils, I have more aches, tiredness, menstrual cramps (I'm cramp-free when I'm careful about the sourcing of my meats)...

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    I don't feel the same vitality that I do after a string of clean meals. I don't get reactions as severe as some reported on here, but it's a marked difference. My mouth certainly doesn't feel as clean.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

jaczor is offline Member
    I'm also one of the "lucky" ones that isn't negatively affected by non-paleo foods, the biggest difference for me is that with paleo foods I can eat all I want, literally stuff myself and never feel bloated or sick afterwards. However, if I eat the same amount of non-paleo foods, say a pizza for example, I will get the "normal" carb sickness that most of us had gotten used to over the course of our lives and it wil last a few hours, I will feel lethargic and bloated. But if I only eat a little, say a piece of bread or a bowl of rice, I wont feel sick afterwards.

I say I'm "lucky" because I have to be very careful with non-paleo foods because I wont necessarily feel bad after eating them and thus, it is easier for me to fall off the wagon.
    Last edited by jaczor; 05-21-2013 at 05:09 PM.

vikyb is online now Senior Member
    I cooked up some Tuscan meatballs with rice and veg last night, not sure whether the meatballs had sneaky gluten or soy, or the rice was the issue. I have no problems with cheating, it hurts too much! Thinking I may try Midori and soda for my birthday, can't tolerate southern and coke anymore!

Went to my sister's house for a Passover meal. I did great until dessert. She had made a flourless chocolate cake and key lime pie. I figured it was only half bad, no flour, only sugar, so I ate a piece of each. Within about 20 minutes I was bloated and nauseated. I was sick most of the next day, too. Physical reactions like that are a good incentive to NOT eat that stuff.
    Ann of the Jungle's Primal Blueprint Journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78155.html

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    The number one thing that I notice a difference in is protein & fat quality.
    I'm not particularly gluten or sugar sensitive, but if I eat CAFO meats and "vegetable" oils, I have more aches, tiredness, menstrual cramps (I'm cramp-free when I'm careful about the sourcing of my meats)...
    This is interesting - my cramps have gone from unbearable to bearable for 2 months. My meat had been nearly all high quality during that time... this last month I've been back to more grocery store meat... I wonder if it will matter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123