Thread: Meat and eggs - trying it out page

Castle is offline Senior Member

Meat and eggs - trying it out

Primal Fuel
    I suppose this is my first real post on MDA. I've been Primal for just over three months now, but I feel like I could use a boost. I saw this (or something like it, anyway) in the Steak and Eggs topic, and it looked worth a shot. So...

-Mon-Sat: 2 meals, 3/4- 1 1/2lbs meat. 4-6 eggs. Cooked in plenty of fat (butter+meat goes against my religion, but there's plenty of other oils). Black coffee in the morning. Low carb, high fat. Maybe a glass of raw milk every now and then? Or homemade cheese?
    -Sun: Plenty of yams/potatoes, squash, fruit, some chocolate, egg whites, chicken breast, etc. Minimal fat.

Excited to give this a try (and a little worried - I'm always ravenous after Crossfit)! It won't truly be like this plan for a couple days, as I have some bell peppers and a head of cauliflower that'll go bad by next Sunday.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Welcome to the n=1*many.

What kind of cheese do you make? I think I need to incorporate some sort of dairy, though with only 1 week to go to the end of my 4 weeks, I may put that off unless and until a "next time" comes up.

I don't make any yet - I actually just located the supply of raw milk two days ago, and wasn't eating any dairy before that. So, we'll see. I have a love of all things dairy (along with bread/pasta, that was all I ate for 10+ years), so I can't imagine I'd end up with something I don't like.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    If I had a source of raw goat milk, I might be thinking about making a blue brie from it.

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck! It's been working well for me so far.
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    If I had a source of raw goat milk, I might be thinking about making a blue brie from it.
    That would be fantastic - I've always preferred goat's cheese to cow or sheep cheese myself, and now I wish I had goat's milk...I'd definitely make some chevre.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion317 View Post
    Good luck! It's been working well for me so far.
    Thanks! That's great to hear it's been working well for you. I'm a little unsure about eating that much meat in one sitting - the most I usually have is 1/3-1/2lb - and once I get rid of the perishable vegetables, being without them is going to be odd.

I already go through a carton of eggs a day, though, so that won't be much of a change at all.

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    That would be fantastic - I've always preferred goat's cheese to cow or sheep cheese myself, and now I wish I had goat's milk...I'd definitely make some chevre.

Thanks! That's great to hear it's been working well for you. I'm a little unsure about eating that much meat in one sitting - the most I usually have is 1/3-1/2lb - and once I get rid of the perishable vegetables, being without them is going to be odd.

I already go through a carton of eggs a day, though, so that won't be much of a change at all.
    I've been having about a 1/2 lb. of steak and 2 eggs at every meal. I'll up that when I reach my goal so I can add some more muscle.
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

I was able to have 5 eggs without an issues, but couldn't eat more than .4lbs of meat this morning. I'm thinking of doing three more regular sized meals instead of two giant ones.