Thread: What's up? :-)

Cool What's up? :-)

Shop Now
    Hey guys and ladies. I'm new here. I'm halfway through the book and I've been lurking around here for a day or two. I'll be working extra hard at eating right and living healthy this month as I am so motivated by the book and by an upcoming vacation I have planned for the first week of July which includes lots of pool time (eeek!). Anyway, just saying "Hi" :-D

P.s. I should add I am doing fine avoiding carbs but I have a crazy ass sweet tooth and its my biggest obstacle. LMK if you have found a way to curb that craving (as I drink my coffee with a tablespoon of sugar :-/ )
    Last edited by NMA123; 10-29-2010 at 09:21 AM.

Hello and welcome!

If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! We're all here to help.

^ Thanks! I sure will!

Hi! We are around the same height and weight, although my goal weight is a tad bit lower (perhaps unrealistically, we'll see) but I'm almost 5'5, 21, and when I weighed myself 3 days ago I was 136.

I have a super bad sweet tooth as well.. I find that if I'm craving something sweet, grabbing some berries usually hits the spot! I used to put splenda in my coffee every day, but since going on the PB, I have switched to putting either heavy whipping cream or coconut milk in it and it kind of takes off the edge!

Good luck

Hi Tara! Nice to meet you. Funny, I was just browsing the first pages of your journal I think a lower weight then my goal is totally realistic. I just have huge hips >:-o (41" currently) and I think it would look too pear shape if I got too thin so I think I look better around 128ish.

I haven't ever had coconut milk but I'll try it out in my coffee. I think it sounds delicious! Do you know if frozen berries are unhealthy?
    I can go to costco and get those huge bags of blueberries with no added anything but are the frozen ones as healthy as fresh berries?

Welcome to the forum! Like you, I used to drink my coffee with a lot of sugar. I tried just putting less and less in, but as long as I did that the craving wouldn't go away.

Finally, I just forced myself to drink my coffee totally black, no sugar and no cream. Of course, it was hard!!!! But, I kept at it, just refusing to put anything in my coffee, and I think it took about two, maybe three weeks, when one day, I realized that black coffee was just fine. When that happened, I allowed myself to add some heavy cream and coffee became heavenly again. I don't miss sugar at all now, and the cream adds just a touch of its own sweetness so it's perfect. Hope that helps!

I'm pretty sure that frozen blueberries are the same as unfrozen ones? As long as they don't have anything added, I think you'll be good! I buy organic frozen fruit from Trader Joes sometimes.. or I buy a bunch of fresh fruit, wash it, cut it up and put it into a bunch of individual baggies. That way when I get a sweet craving I can just grab a baggie from the freezer and munch away! I usually weigh them out and have about 6 oz in each bag. It's SUPER convenient!

Shop Now
    Tara, the fresh ones are so damn expensive where I live! I figured the frozen were probably just as healthy but I wasn't sure if freezing them somehow makes them less nutritious.

Hi Sharon! Wow, I can't imagine my coffee straight black but I am going to give it a try tomorrow morning. I know when I use to drink soda I hated diet at first but when I drank it for a few months and then I tried regular, it was much too sweet for me. Now I don't drink diet or regular but I think the coffee deal will go the same way.